Ibanez JEM Forum banner

awwwwww....the difference.

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  CDNICKCD 
#1 ·
Ok, I thought my legacy sounded ok with my 570 (w/ tone zone), but I just got my 3120 in from chris (vaijem777) and let me tell you, it added a new dimension to the tone. The tone difference is HUGE! My pick squeals sound raunchier and more on the wylde side...;)
This guitar is phenomenal. I couldnt be happier with my set up now; however modest it is.

RG3120 tw, rg 570 (modded)
Legacy, 5150 straight cab
crybaby 535q, ds-1
All Im going to add now is a boss dd-3 delay and I'll be set.
(until i get a triaxis...but that's for another thread)

#3 ·
Gotta agree with both of you...I have been fighting the urge to buy one. I have spent over an hour on one playing/drooling, everything about it is just perfect...However I am such a seven string player now, I may just save up and order a 8527 from Ishibashi and throw the same pickup arangement in there. The tone zone + mahogany + maple top combination is fantastic.

Glad to hear you have found the sound you've been searching for, enjoy.

Brad

#5 ·
I plug my 3120 into a Customized Carvin X100-B head and a vertical 2x12 cab w/ G12-75 celestions.
Pedals are:
Orig. Bad Horsie Wah.
Little Alligator Volume.
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive set with gain & volume on full, clean boost at 12:00 and tone at 2:00.
ProCo Rat set at minimum distortion & volume at 9:00 for solo boost.
Voodoo Lab MicroVibe.
Line6 MM-4.
Boss DD-5.
The ToneZone combined with the Sparkle Drive brings the beast out of the 3120.
I'll never sell it. I'm hooked and my other axes are lonesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.