Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jackson DK2M project ideas!

Tags
dk2m jackson
5K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  Jamm'n Jimmy 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some ideas about a new Jackson that I'm getting. It's going to be a Jackson DK2M in white (some pics will be provided for reference) and I'd like to think of some things to do to it!

I'm a death metal player and this guitar will be used for Drop A# tuning because I play heavy music. So I probably won't be doing any neon finishes. But I'm open to more then just boring black! I love to try new things!

I can't think of anything to do to it though. So, any ideas?

Pics:

Front
http://www.jacksonguitars.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/jackson-guitars-582601404589398030.jpg

Back
http://www.promenademusic.co.uk/image/cache/data/67/4151_jacksonwhiteB-875x875.JPG

Fretboard/headstock
http://www.guitarpartdeals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/-5611783208730979270.jpg

None of these are pictures of the one I'm getting. They're just Googled references.

Thanks dudes! All Ideas welcome!

See less See more
#4 ·
Sadly, mine is used and has EMG-HZ's in it :/

And while I like the look, I have enough solid color guitars. And I personally don't like the look of white and maple. Black looks much better. But I'm not doing that either.

Maybe a nice vaneer and some black stain would look good. . . . .

#8 ·
keep it white, take off all hardware..dip your picking arm in blood red paint and make a picking motion against the body. let dry. put back together.when people see the guitar they will be like,,,WTF then when you start playing it your arm and hand will line up with the bloodz design...:twisted::twisted::twisted:

#14 ·
A pickguard WOULD be cool. . . . . . I also like the blood idea.

Not a camo fan but I like the direction that you're going in.

Can't really think of anything in pinstripe that I'd like.

What WOULD be cool (but I don't have the skills/tools to do it OR the money to get it done) would be an balone body inlay or a big dead tree on the arm contor/top of the body.

I guess ther whole point of this is just having something different. I hate having the same guitar as 100,000 other people, you know?

#22 ·
Yeah I've been meaning to post up some pics in your old thread. Just haven't got around to it yet. Too busy playing it all the time. If it had a maple fretboard I think it might just be perfect!

It, combined with the DiMarzio Dominions have made it my favourite guitar to play! Love the neck profile you shaped. I've got a Killer Guitar Components brass block to install in it this week. Should just take it over the edge! Again I have to thank you so much for it. As rough as my paint job is I just can't stop playing it, on account of it playing and sounding so good! :)

#23 ·
Dude!! no reason for thanks.....it's in the right hands now. It would have otherwise been sitting in the "parts bin"...........LOL.

I really hope you do post some pics of it. Most folks here haven't seen it. Nobody will give a damn about the paintwork on a "working mans guitar".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.