Ibanez JEM Forum banner

First actual recording!!

926 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  RGTFanatic 
#1 ·
I uploaded a youtube clip of this song, but here is the recorded version. I used GuitarRig 4 for ll the distortions and effects. The backing track is the same I found on the net. Comments welcome, as long as they are positive!! :)

#2 ·
whole thing is fairly low in volume but sounds really nice. the lead kinda already sits in the mix but might be a bit loud in relation to the backing track. if i was about to mix it i would add a bit of delay/verb and widen it à la Haas technique to give it more life... :]
good playing - not the most technical stuff i`ve heard but who cares about technique when it sounds like music? :)

#10 ·
I see what you mean as well Sebastian and I agree. Over all though, I am happy with this one the way it is, maybe I will go back in a few years(once I am better) and rewrite some parts. For now though, I have another I am working on and my band just bought a Presonus FireStudio so we can record and "Album" Hehe. I'll let you guys have a sneak when i have something. Thanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.