Ibanez JEM Forum banner

RG3120 Switch & Wiring

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  big al 
#1 ·
I have about had it with wiring a RG3120. I always have something soldered wrong or confused on the Dimarzio wiring diagrams. I opened up my RGPR1 and it had the same wiring and switch. I duplicated the wiring, one wire at a time. Got sound this time but output sounds like crap. Has pretty much full volume but it's like the output level is low.

Are there other five way switches with less complicated schemes that will fit the same mounting hole locations? Why is the stock switch difficult with all the extra wires going from one terminal to the other on the switch?

#2 ·
The Ibanez 3PS1SC5 switch is designed for two humbuckers with 5 different positions, and is much more like a standard 5 way strat style switch. Easier to work on. I've got these on two axes converted to H-H setups, and I'm happy with the array of tones. Does Bridge series - both split - both series - neck parallel - neck series.

Bear in mind though, maybe something other than the switch is wrong, damaged, etc. What exactly is happening?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.