Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jackson Swee Tone Triple-Decker Anyone?

5K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Reaper 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Hey Polaris,

What is the matter, can't take some constructive criticism? I am neither pro Jackson nor Pro Ibanez. Fact is fact. Can you get a totally custom Ibanez? No. Can you honestly claim quality wise that any Ibanez production is the same quality off the line as a Jackson USA? What about compared to a Tom Anderson, Pensa, Suhr? Please. I liked my Jem fine. In fact I preferred it to many Jacksons. I was, however, not as well made. It just appealed to me more, but then again I am a huge Vai fan.

#8 ·
DLHelfand said:
Hey Polaris,

What is the matter, can't take some constructive criticism? I am neither pro Jackson nor Pro Ibanez. Fact is fact. Can you get a totally custom Ibanez? No. Can you honestly claim quality wise that any Ibanez production is the same quality off the line as a Jackson USA? What about compared to a Tom Anderson, Pensa, Suhr? Please. I liked my Jem fine. In fact I preferred it to many Jacksons. I was, however, not as well made. It just appealed to me more, but then again I am a huge Vai fan.
Ibanez J Custom to Jackson USA? For sure. Anyday of the week. Pensa Suhr, TA? No, but please don't dare put Jackson in their league. They are far from it.

Maybe Wayne Guitars, but certainly not Jackson USA.

Custom Jacksons and Custom ESPs are grossly over-priced. For the prices they charge, Eddie Kolsar would probably cut the friggin tree down himself, dry it, carve it etc.

You can keep your love affair of Jacksons. I've owned 2 USA Jacskons and 1 Japanese, and they all sucked compared to Ibanezes.

But whether or not you can handle it, that's my opinion.

#11 ·
The prices you are quoting are equivalent to the list price and when you give the quote to a reputable Jackson dealer, the cost is significantly lower...more in the $2500 range or less. I think the good dealers usually give around 40% off that, but I am not sure. I would agree that the price you quoted IS ridiculous, but it is just not what you would pay.

One last thing Polaris. Why can't you seem to grasp the fact that I am just discussing the issue. I am not a Jackson fan. Infact, I would probably purchase at least two Ibanez that I can think of before I would buy a Jackson. They are just not usually my cup of tea. I do believe that although I prefer the Jem, many Jacksons that I have seen are simply better made and use higher quality woods and parts. I still prefer the feel and tone of the Jems that I have played, but that is me. Get over your Ibanez ass kissing and realize that it is ok to like more than one brand. I dig Ibanez. That said, I will NEVER buy one new. They are not worth the money IMHO. I would buy an Anderson, maybe a PENSA, or SUHR, but I doubt it. I tend to buy used anyway because I think many are overpriced if not all. I would buy a new guitar from a company that would make me EXACTLY what I want with the highest level of quality. other than that, I will buy used.

#13 ·
DLHelfand said:
The prices you are quoting are equivalent to the list price and when you give the quote to a reputable Jackson dealer, the cost is significantly lower...more in the $2500 range or less. I think the good dealers usually give around 40% off that, but I am not sure. I would agree that the price you quoted IS ridiculous, but it is just not what you would pay.

One last thing Polaris. Why can't you seem to grasp the fact that I am just discussing the issue. I am not a Jackson fan. Infact, I would probably purchase at least two Ibanez that I can think of before I would buy a Jackson. They are just not usually my cup of tea. I do believe that although I prefer the Jem, many Jacksons that I have seen are simply better made and use higher quality woods and parts. I still prefer the feel and tone of the Jems that I have played, but that is me. Get over your Ibanez ass kissing and realize that it is ok to like more than one brand. I dig Ibanez. That said, I will NEVER buy one new. They are not worth the money IMHO. I would buy an Anderson, maybe a PENSA, or SUHR, but I doubt it. I tend to buy used anyway because I think many are overpriced if not all. I would buy a new guitar from a company that would make me EXACTLY what I want with the highest level of quality. other than that, I will buy used.
Get over yourself chief, I'm not an Ibanez ass-kisser. I have other brands besides Ibanez. I just really happen to hate Jacksons, because I think they're over priced, their customer service is a joke even on USA models, and they definitely don't give you 40% off on a custom.

My friend's shop has been a Jackson dealer for 7 years, and I've given Jackson 3 shots at pleasing me.

But they've failed each time.

If this were a PRS, Hamer, ESP, or any other thread, I wouldn't have even bother debating with you.

But once again, since you've seemed to have missed this part:

It's my opinion. I hate Jackson. So get bent.

#14 ·
By the way, why do people always equate hating Jackson (an opinion in the first place) to being an Ibanez ass kisser?

What the f*ck does not liking a brand makes me kiss the ass of another?

If I didn't say I had an Ibanez, I could just as well be playing a Parker or PRS.

DLHelfand, you must be on a quest to be a friggin know-it-all, because this is your second thread in just as many days where you're trying to prove someone's opinion wrong, which is impossible.

#15 ·
Polaris,

How about you stop trying to slam me in posts then. I think it is funny that you email me in private and ask me to stop posting because you are going to argue my posts. Then you go and post again.

I never denied anyone there opinion. Not you, not anyone. Once again, I guess I have to explain to you that I am not a Jackson fan either. The reason I am discussing Jackson is because that is what this thread is about (see above :lol: )

I call you an Ibanez ass kisser because you have dissed everything I have said with no basis, just pro Ibanez rhetoric. If I am wrong, SORRY. I don't care what you play, what you like, or who you are. You are entitled to that.

I am not a know it all. I don't claim to be. I posted in two threads that I do know about. You sound like a jealous little, petty child. In the Tom Anderson thread, I wasn't addressing you, I was in fact answering someone else's question. I answered it accurately.

As far as the Jackson price issue. Feel free to email me your price quote/spec sheet and let's see if I can't come through with a much cheaper price. I didn't say all dealers, I said some reputable dealers. They are out there. I know of a few. There are "special" dealers for all brands. Deal

#16 ·
DLHelfand said:
Polaris,

How about you stop trying to slam me in posts then. I think it is funny that you email me in private and ask me to stop posting because you are going to argue my posts. Then you go and post again.

I never denied anyone there opinion. Not you, not anyone. Once again, I guess I have to explain to you that I am not a Jackson fan either. The reason I am discussing Jackson is because that is what this thread is about (see above :lol: )

I call you an Ibanez ass kisser because you have dissed everything I have said with no basis, just pro Ibanez rhetoric. If I am wrong, SORRY. I don't care what you play, what you like, or who you are. You are entitled to that.

I am not a know it all. I don't claim to be. I posted in two threads that I do know about. You sound like a jealous little, petty child. In the Tom Anderson thread, I wasn't addressing you, I was in fact answering someone else's question. I answered it accurately.

As far as the Jackson price issue. Feel free to email me your price quote/spec sheet and let's see if I can't come through with a much cheaper price. I didn't say all dealers, I said some reputable dealers. They are out there. I know of a few. There are "special" dealers for all brands. Deal
You know what, it's simply not worth your insults to respond any further. I actually e-mailed you with the intent that it would keep this Harmony Central crap behavior out of it. Guess not.

You win. See ya.

#17 ·
No offense, but you are the one that is HCing it. I don't normally post here because of this crap. If you prefer the OFR to the EDGE or any company to Ibanez, you get reamed here. It is only by a few, which ruins it for others. Most of the people here are great and are open to the opinions of others. Stop responding to me, and stop emailing me.

#20 ·
It's all personal taste, but IMHO if you have to pay over $1000 for a Fender or any guitar that's not modern you are being overcharged.

I don't care who made it and who caressed it and who put his name on the headstock. :D
A guitar is to be played and $2699 for a Jackson is way too much, esp for one that has no tremolo. :D
Jeez.
Just get a Les Paul (also overpriced IMO) or a PRS (way overpriced) and forget about it.

As for people slaming Jackson..........as someone said Jackson forum is this way ------------>

The best thing about this post is...............I own a Jackson SL3 Natural :D
Just love the natural wood colour and the matching headstock.
Mind you the trem does take a lot of abuse before it goes out of tune.

#21 ·
That's a sweet looking guitar and can be realistically had for $1700 - $1800 including case. I've often been tempted to sell my Parker Fly Deluxe to cover the majority of the cost of ordering one but I've yet to find one in stock at a local Jackson dealer and I'm not about to spend that kind of money without having the chance to try before I buy... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.