Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Duality 7 replica build (Warning:Pic heavy!)

7K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  shadowvault 
#1 ·
Hello to all of you guys,
a while ago i asked my father to make me this guitar (no money for one and huge queue where the main reasons).

See less See more
#9 ·
Thank you all

Yes im gonna leave this natural.For hardware im gonna go with hipshot bridge and tuning machines.When i find money im gonna update the saddles with piezo graphtech.As for the pickups im thinking blackhawks but i am not really sure.
My favorite bands are:Opeth,Nevermore,Tool,Porcupine Tree,Symphony X,Beyond Creation and i also like to play some Guthrie Govan stuff.Which BKP you think it would me most suitable?

"Dare I ask how much something like that would run the average joe?" If you are reffering to the price this guitar is not for sale but if i convince my father to build electric guitars (and that means that we will be doing some new unique shapes and not just clones) the price will be around the stadards of the top luthier names i guess

By the way those woods may not seem like a big deal because they are not so much figured but they are really top quality and cutted more than 20 years ago.So they are extremely old! :D
This is just a test for fun

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks man!I bet its gonna be amazing too :D

A real ViK starts at $5000 for a bare-bones build. I would hope OPs father isn't planning on selling direct replicas...that wouldn't be cool seeing as ViK is a small one-man shop.
Well as i said my father will not be producing replicas!He told me that he will build a guitar for me as a present so i picked whatever guitar i wanted.My father wanted something challenging so the Duality replica was the perfect choice because its beautiful but also really difficult to make due to the crazy curves of the body(if it was an ibanez body for example,that build would be very easy because that body is almost flat :p).

So if my father starts to build only electric guitars the price range may around the same(we havent even talked about this.Its too soon!)but the designs and ideas will be new.He doesnt want to make a living out of copying other mans work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.