Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  rvj 
#1 ·
I´ve always prefered earlier jem than newer ones, so I took a look to this site´s guitars specs, and a doubt came with the pickups used by jem´s...PAF pro???Hmmm.. Dimarzio says in their web site they introduced the paf pro in 1992,so how could a 88 Jem equip it?Was a different pickup or dimarzio.com is wrong?If wasn´t a PAF pro which one was?

#9 ·
Uhhhh....who´s wrong??

The PAF & PAF PRO are actually two different models of DiMarzio pickups. DiMarzio says that they introduced the PAF in 1974, and the PAF PRO in 1990, but...there's an obvious discrepency in the fact that Ibanez does denote the JEM pickups as a PAF PRO in the 1990 and on catalogs & literature. I suppose that perhaps the '87-'89 pickups could have been PAF's, and then were switched over to PAF PRO's once they were introduced.

My LNG DOES sound quite a bit different from the '91 FP I had- the LNG is a bit mellower, and the FP had more "bite" to it...

#11 ·
Uhhhh....who´s wrong??

And yet the original schematic listed DP151 as the pickups on the LNG. DP151 is in fact the PAF Pro...so they must have been around. Maybe as you said, just not as an aftermarket piece. The wiring diagram was in the ever-famous issue of Guitar World with Steve on the cover (May '88) with his floral. The same picture later used for posters from Ibanez...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.