Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Is this jem good enough?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  blkspade 
#1 ·
Hi, I wanted to buy a new rg655 until I saw this on the ads here in PH.

This was priced @ 55k pesos and that's about +/- $1250

is it a steal at that price for this condition?

See less See more
#4 ·
That is WAY too much money. You can buy a perfect condition one from the GC website for that money, you just have to keep your eyes open.

If it was in perfect condition, it would be $1200-1400. Bad/condition- it's only WORTH $800-1000. Most people will always say "oh a Jem is a Jem, it's beat to shot but it's still a Jem, at LEAST $1200". No matter what condition most people will post their used Jem at $1200 anyway, from the intense searching I've done. But in actuality, it's not worth that.

#5 ·
If those are the only dings on the Jem I would say that is a great price! Above all else it should give you a good reason to play it without dreading putting in what's already there. After I got my 7VWH (which I bought new), I was always fretting about every little nook and cranny and worrying about the finish, and after the first ding (that was out of my control), I realized that I might as well just play it, and it's been my main guitar for 5 years, and is getting closer and closer to bare wood as the years go by. And I love it very much. :grin:

#7 ·
That is a very reasonable price for a Jem7vwh. The chips can be repaired - if the neck is good then I would go for it if you like the guitar. A deal like that will not come along very often for a Jem7vwh. I watch Craigslist here daily and the cheapest they come up around here is around $1,400. I see them on evilbay ranging anywhere from $1,299 to twice that. I think Musicians Friend and GC have new ones listed at over $3,000. If you can buy it local in PH then you are probably better off doing that then waiting and hoping that you might save a little money - but then you will have to deal with shipping and buying from a seller in another country and then hope that it gets to you in one piece...how much hassle are you willing to deal with to save a hundred bucks?

Again, that seems like a good deal to me. I have a Jem 7vwh and it was in similar condition with a few small chips and I paid $1,100 and I thought I got a great deal...still have the guitar - they are great guitars...go for it man

#8 ·
That is a very reasonable price for a Jem7vwh. The chips can be repaired - if the neck is good then I would go for it if you like the guitar. A deal like that will not come along very often for a Jem7vwh. I watch Craigslist here daily and the cheapest they come up around here is around $1,400. I see them on evilbay ranging anywhere from $1,299 to twice that. I think Musicians Friend and GC have new ones listed at over $3,000. If you can buy it local in PH then you are probably better off doing that then waiting and hoping that you might save a little money - but then you will have to deal with shipping and buying from a seller in another country and then hope that it gets to you in one piece...how much hassle are you willing to deal with to save a hundred bucks?

Again, that seems like a good deal to me. I have a Jem 7vwh and it was in similar condition with a few small chips and I paid $1,100 and I thought I got a great deal...still have the guitar - they are great guitars...go for it man
+1
How long has it been for sale?
Offer 1100 and see if he engages...

#9 ·
THANKS for the replies guys!

Yep the deal was pretty good since brand new 7v here costs around 150000PHP that's around $3400.

I wanna play it. But also wanted to look cool :twisted::twisted::twisted:

This guitar has been posted since august 2013 and was priced at around $1800 now down to $1250.

I haven't heard from the seller so I don't know what the guitar condition really is.

If you wanted to see the ad its here:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=298443.msg4108907

#10 ·
I myself bought a NOS (2008) Jem from GC for ~$1800 earlier this year, that I considered at steal compared to a really new one. It had an internal wiring flaw with the tone knob, which probably factored into it being in store for so long, flawless otherwise. $1250 with some minor nicks doesn't seem terrible. If you consider they were selling an intentionally beat up Jem-EVO for a lot more money. That's one that would be bought with little intention of actually playing. My RG2550 probably looks something like that Jem at this point, and could probably never sell it for a decent amount of money if I wanted to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.