Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Found a Jem 7v-wh from 2000

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jer3d 
#1 ·
Hi there...first post..

I've found a Jem 7V-WH for £1,000 in the UK. The retailer says it's from 2000 and has an ebony fretboard. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if that is fact, as I'm not sure when they stopped the ebony fretboards - but it seems in great condition.

Is this worth pouncing on....or should I go for a brand new model...which is double the price?

Money isn't really an issue right now, but I would rather buy the better guitar and everyone says the ebony models are far superior....advice please, and thanks in advance.

#5 ·
Hi Kyle. Recognise your name from the Vai forum. Yes, it does look a bit beat up and I know it's been gigged. That doesn't actually worry me. I've just read so much about the quality of the earlier jems and this fits the bill. From the pics I've seen, I can't see any stress fractures. I was more worried about it being fake, but I'm pretty convinced it's not. I know the serial number.
Thanks for your help.

#6 ·
I have a 2000 7VWH, and mine is a fantastic guitar. I've not had one issue with it since purchasing it new 14 years ago. In regard to the yellowing and a smoke free environment, the knobs and middle pickup on mine are yellowed, and mine has never been subjected to smoke. And I actually like the look.

#8 ·
About 4 years ago I bought a used '98 7V from GC. It looked to be in pretty good condition except for the frets.

After 2 weeks I took the guitar back and got a refund. I really liked the ebony fretboard, but I thought the price was too high for it's condition and they would not come done on the price. Then about a year after that I bought a new 2011 7V. So I would recommend checking out the refund policy and maybe giving it a test drive. gl ^ ^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.