Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD!!!! RGR 1570

Tags
ngd rgr 1570
7K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  DarknessDescends 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to RGTFanatic I received a very cool axe today!

I'm still setting it up, but what a cool guitar. The satin finish feels really different, but the guitar sounds and plays great!

Thank you so much RGTFanatic, I really appreciate it! :)

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys. Got the truss rod sorted and the nut raised a little. Bridge raised and balanced a smidge and it plays great. The mag swapped V series sound so much better, although I need a little more output. I've got a Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentient coming which will most likely go in this guitar. That or my Dominions.

#7 ·
Awesome man....I'm glad it got there safe. I'm sorry I never got it set up. It's such a great guitar but I never had the time to do anything with it.

I think it will sound killer with the Pegasus and Sentient in it. Every clip I've heard of those two has been awesome.

Edit: did all the packaging make it there in one piece? I was really worried if I'd packed it well enough. I can't believe it got there in 4 days......LOL

#12 · (Edited)
you bastard! I placed a bid on that bad boy, i wanted it to go with my satin black RG1570. You got it for a great price too! I would have bought it for sure if it didnt have the reverse head stock (kinda creeps me out), I just find the non glossy finished guitars are the best to play, and the satin 1570 is pretty much the only RG that meets this criteria. Just waiting for a regular one to pop up. The necks are so much nicer on those compared to the titanium core modern ones, plus the edge pro, its a win win. Enjoy

Actually my bad, one exactly the same just went on ebay. What a coincidence. I dont think thats it though i remember the ebay one had more trem finish wear. Ahh the other great thing about Ibanez, you can tell how much its been used just by looking at the trem.

#17 ·
The paint definitely feels funny under the hand. Almost like plastic. It does mark, but I can deal with that. I considered a refinish, but it's a pretty rare model, so I'll leave it. There's been a bit of a ciggarette smell that is slowly going away which has bothered me more.

Plays awesome though. Just deciding if I'll keep it in E standard like my others or just turn it into a drop tune metal monster.

#29 ·
I'll keep that in mind. :)
Thing of it is; while I can solder pretty well, I just don't like doing it and I'm lazy about things like that. I might buy them from you and have them end up sitting in the box you send them in for the longest time before I get up the gumption to actually put them in. :\
I'm on the hunt for a set of those, and a set of V1 and V2 pickups for my 1990 RG550.
It has a Super Distortion and a P.A.F Pro in there now and I'm just curious about how it would sound with the original p/ups. It sounds great as is, but that's just me.
I see them on evil-bay from time to time, but they are either too expensive (in my opinion), too beat up, or both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.