Jemsite - View Single Post - Looking for ibbys Rg in L.A. need help
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
einarabelc5

Looking for ibbys Rg in L.A. need help

Hi guys,

It's been six years since I've been on these forums. I came back because I'm looking for a guitar I never got. A lot has changed and it feels like another life time.

I recently bought and returned a Jp60 because it wouldn't stay completely in tune when I either bent or used the whammy somewhat extensively and I mean I want to be able to use it like Steve Vai does. So I remembered lusting after an Ibby and never getting one. Since I first joined I have moved to L.A. and an now I'm much more likely to get the guitar I've s always dreamt of.

I have a problem though. I'm ridiculously and I mean obsessive compulsively picky when it comes to instruments. To the point that I can drive myself and others crazy. This is the reason why I'm reluctant to buying online for myself.
Where can I find a place in los Angeles where I can test RG guitars at my own pace?

I literally spent two hours at G.C. Sherman oaks testing guitars with Floyd trems and only the Schetter c1 platinum with the special Floyd(as in cheap version of the Floyd) was a little better at staying in tune than the sterling jp60.
I couldn't find any prestige or premiums there, only a jem junior and a used korean s470 with zpr that wouldn't stay in tune.
I also tested peavy evh wolfgang and didn't find it much better than the jem jr. That one had the same sPecial Floyd but the setup wasn't as good

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome