Ibanez JEM Forum banner

A new look

51K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  randyleewylde 
#1 · (Edited)
Jemsite was created by very passionate people and has become the top Ibanez forum because of the amazing members who contribute to this great community.

Starting on July 25 we will be posting weekly polls to get an idea of what the community members want to see in the upcoming months. If you have any suggestions please, feel free to private message me or post a response in this thread. In early August you can expect to see (and feel) a new theme, faster browsing speeds and other various performance based upgrades.

Please note that during system upgrades there may be periods of downtime, if this is the case you will receive a notice as to when it may happen.

Thank you (the community) for making Jemsite what it is today!

#2 ·
DUDE!!!

Whan did you become a developer? That's AWESOME!!

I hope you still have time to hang out with us lowly "Users"...LOL. Your a good guy to talk to man. One more reason Jemsite is the great place it is....8)

As for suggestions.......more/better emoticons and

VIDEO EMBEDDING would be awesome!!!

A "like" and a "Thanks" button should be mandatory as well.....we really need them.

#3 ·
You used to be able to click on a user name in a thread and it would give you a drop down menu of all available options for that user, send PM, send email, go to their webpage, etc, etc. It was much easier system, I'd love to see it back.

#4 ·
I'd like to see the mobile site reworked to make it easier to read... but as usual, I'm off topic.
I agree with Rich; the drop down menu was a great feature.
Made PMing and email much easier.
'Like' and 'thanks', I second that as well.
An easier way to know when friends are online would be nice.
And I know this may be beyond the scope of the site setup; but instant messaging, similar to what they have on F-Book would be wonderful.
Many threads get derailed and go totally off topic when some of us decide it's time to have a 'conversation'.
If IMs were available, those conversations could be taken there and not turn a thread that only needed to be 3 or 4 messages long, into one that's over 50 because two people were having a conversation on it. (Yes, I'm extremely guilty of doing just that, that's what made me think of it. Not that it bothered me to see, but I think it would make for cleaner, 'on-topic' threads.)

#5 ·
My vote goes to a more flexible text interface, with buttons for bold, italics and such rather than having to code for them.

Smartphones have passed PCs in the Uk as the way of accessing the web, so making the site more mobile/tablet friendly but not the 90s style text only version ;)

When you have the text only version, I feel you lose a lot of the interactivity of the site. But that might just be dos I'm old ;)

Oh and sticky for this thread...

#6 ·
Thanks for the valuable additions to the discussion. This project has been delayed but we are currently composing an initial list of fixes and improvements.

RG: Thanks for the kind words! I must say you have always been here to help me and the other members out, I appreciate it.

Thank you Rich, jono, Meechy and RGTFanatic for the suggestions. They are now added to the list!

#9 ·
Agreed. Lots of necro bumping due to this as well.

How about a minimum forum post limit before you can sell in the Classifieds
as well?? Example 100 forum posts minimum before you can sell in the classifieds
section. Too many new users in the classifieds with zero or next to zero forum
posts and itrader history advertising on here imho. Would make it safer all round.

#13 ·
The Reviews section needs to be fixed - or get rid of if altogether - it doesn't work properly. If you click on a review all it does is list a bunch of stupid blogger sites. Someone should get rid of that tab until it gets fixed. The Reviewers club thing never did work.

#14 ·
If you're comparing with the “digital chromatic tuner” type devices that have ... A good strobe-based tuning system might theoretically be more accurate, ... On Android and iOS the app called Peterson iStroboSoft Tuner.
Peterson Tuners, a leader in music technology for over 60 years, now offers iStroboSoft, an application for a strobe tuner for the iPod touch or iPhone.

#15 ·
Peterson Tuners, a leader in music technology for over 60 years, now offers iStroboSoft, an application for a strobe tuner for the iPod touch or iPhone,
If you're comparing with the “digital chromatic tuner” type devices that have ... A good strobe-based tuning system might theoretically be more accurate, ... On Android and iOS the app called Peterson iStroboSoft Tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.