Ibanez JEM Forum banner
68K views 229 replies 85 participants last post by  uofkman 
#1 ·
Hey guys, in the new copy of Guitar World, there's a big full page ad for Dimarzio with Steve in it....and guess what he's holding? The Chrome JEM. Really big pic of it, and the inlays don't appear to be dots OR screwheads as most of us originally believed....they look like these reflective orbs.....and it appears to be Sustainer-equipped. *prays* Please God, (and Steve) let this become a production model! 8O

PHOTO HERE

(edited by jemsite - made sticky & added image)

See less See more
#53 ·
Ok John, have you actually checked the picture link we're talking about? The guitar pictured is *definitely* chrome, not blue.

The reason you're being ostracized is, you show up and start arguing. Immediately calling us "hard asses" and breaking forum decorum by crossposting. What are we supposed to think of you as a newcomer? Did you even READ the forum rules before posting, as Glen politely requests all newcomers do? We have rules about name-calling and crossposting...

#55 ·
I'm not name calling or cross posting. My first thread was locked. A great welcome. The guitar looks blue in all of the Ads and on vai.com. The picture link that you have posted is the same picture. Ther guitar looks blue not Chrome. Satch's chromeboy looks chrome, this guitar looks dark blue in all of the photos. That is why I posted to begin with. If it's chrome then why does the bridge look chrome and not the rest of the guitar? Am I crazy? You folks need some manners.
Do you realize how much time you have wasted not answering a simple question, but rather being smug and anti social. A simple question. Four threads later I hope you are proud of yourselves. I won't be back. BYE!
John

#57 ·
Rich said:
That's right, 4 threads. This was what you posted

What is that? It sort of blue with puffs and its glossy. Also in the new Vai.com pics.

John

Very helpful in directing the navigation to where the pic could be found :roll:
You people knew exactly what i was talking about, that is why I was directed to the chrome thread after my search came back void. My edit mentioned the Ad that Pandora was running. then the reply that I got was we don't read guitar publications. Cute. A simple question and some of you just go off the deep end because I'm not as "informed" as you are. Like I said before BYE!

#59 ·
Rich said:
No, evidently GLEN knew what you were talking about, he directed you, you ignored and opened more threads being beligerent. If it's bye, then bye already! ;)
How you defend the actions of your friends is almost admirable. The fact is that all that I asked was a simple question which could have been answered from the get go. I was sent searching by someone that could have said "look here" with the same amount of keystrokes in the first place. But you guys had to set me up for some twisted initiation and then make me the bad guy. That sucks, plain and simple. I was cut off and told to search the archives and my thread was locked before I could continue my search for a simple answer. Then my second thread in which I responded with it wasn't the current VBSL was locked as well. All of that energy wasted locking my threads and making me feel like a leper was worth it to you people, right? I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Good night.

#60 ·
I thought it was BYE?

You like to lump us all together as "you people", interesting. Newcomers are told to search, the information is all here, all YOU have to do is look, but newcomers just love posting new threads when they really should have looked before leaping. It's not Glens job to do the looking for you. You made yourself out to be the "bad guy" with your coments, no? Don't put it back on "us people". When I need an answer to something I go look, I don't start a new thread.

;)

#61 ·
I'm not doing the lumping. There are plenty of nice people here that I know from other forums. "you people" refers to those who locked my threads and sent me on a wild goose chase when you had the answer to my question all along. Seeing that you must get in the last word here I will not be back any more. Enough time has been wasted trying to get a simple question answered. So go for it. You have revealed how mean spirited that you are quite well already so from this point on I will no longer defend myself. Sorry that I asked the question to begin with. I thought that this would be the place to get a straight forward simple answer. Silly me.

J

#65 ·
John SI - your account will be de-activated after i post this. You gotta chill out... it's a friday night and instead of waiting 10 minutes for an answer you broke several forum RULES including SPAMMING.

If you want to post again drop me a note after reading the RULES/FAQ and surfing around a bit to see how things are here. thanks... glen

#66 ·
John SI said:
Yep that's it! It's not chrome though it's blue. Why do you call it chrome? the only thing chrome is the hardware, and maybe the binding, hard to tell in the photo. Why are you guys such hard asses? Sheesh!

John
I'm still trying to figure out what the original question is.

Why do we call it chrome? Because it is. (OK, actually it's mirrored pickguard material on top of a JEM body. But it looks CHROME, not BLUE)

Why are you guys such hard asses? Because you're belligerent and a cross-poster; we like our community the way it is and don't like newbies like you showing up trying to turn it into vai.com's defunct forum.

I thought we covered that in, like, the first two responses. :roll:

~d~

#68 ·
The guitar in question is also in a issue of Young Guitar I think... I was at Tower Records and thumbed through it and I think I saw it there. I will go back tomorrow and buy the issue, though I can't read a damn thing in it, as it's all Japanese...

On a side note, I'm thankful to Jemsite for the "member" status... "newcomer" was boring, and now I feel all special... :D

Plus it's nice to be taken out of the group that says "bye" and keeps talking...or says they won't be back, but keep checking back just to retaliate and whine like a little brat...

I will check tomorrow for the magazine. It was a live pic of Vai playing it, so maybe it'll help...

#70 ·
Aside from the petty stuff above, I think this chrome jem should be the next production model after the VSBL. Maybe a limited run of 800 or so like the 90HAM, with a medium price tag, $1500-$1700 or so street price.

Tree of life inlay would be cool but man, they're getting old... something new and just as elegant I think might be in order...

In addition... from what I've seen (its limited but still), isn't the Jem the single most wide variety signature guitar ever made?

-Alex

#74 ·
AlexBHome said:
Aside from the petty stuff above, I think this chrome jem should be the next production model after the VSBL. Maybe a limited run of 800 or so like the 90HAM, with a medium price tag, $1500-$1700 or so street price.

Tree of life inlay would be cool but man, they're getting old... something new and just as elegant I think might be in order...

-Alex
Maybe a chrome pyramid, or the lights like Vai's? I guess the Sims lights would kill the street price you suggested, but still...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.