Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Mr. Potato - Korean (handmade?) guitar

8K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Dexter Morgan 
#1 ·
Hey everyone - it's been a while for me. I've managed to control my GAS for a long time, but looking through CL today has me stuck on this guitar: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/msg/5918439678.html

Hardly anything available on it, does anyone here have any experience or knowledge of these guitars?

#3 ·
Yeah bummer about the separation there, but it looks fixable and the body style is cool. Not my favorite color though... I went ahead and gave him $60 for it. He bought it when he was in Korea, and apparently Mr. Potato is a luthier that makes all his stuff... some kind of Floyd licensed trem, and I have read online that this guitar has a Wizard neck... it's also heavy as hell. It's in really good shape and should be interesting... I like weird stuff so there ya go.

#5 ·
OK I will - it's got a bottom horn that's more extended than the top horn (or whatever the hell you call it!), and kudos to you because I saw online today (and there is very little on this guitar) that it is in the vein, if not a copy of, the 540P-II, with a Wizard neck. For $60 I couldn't pass it up, and I will post pics for sure! Thanks.

#8 ·
Bought mine in Korea when I was a soldier - for I think 300 in 2000. The guitar has a rich sound and mr potato has been making guitars for soldiers for the past 30+ years. He knows what he's doing and yes the sound amazing. My 700 Taylor, can't even come close. WIsh I would have bought more than just one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.