Ibanez JEM Forum banner

TZ-30 tremolo block replacement options

6K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  LonePhantom 
#1 ·
I have an Ibanez SCR220 which could use a new tremolo block for its TZ-30 bridge. Here is some information about the bridge: TZ-30 | Ibanez Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
The TZ-30 was on other Ibanez models and has a heritage starting with the TZ-II/TZ-6 all the way up to the SynchroniZR bridge which I am not very familiar with. Additionally, taken directly from the link: "The TZ-30 employs a non-locking, double pivot design which is reminiscent of early Fender tremolos."

My gut tells me looking for the block off a TZ-30 is probably not going to yield much. Fender replacement parts seem to be readily available. If someone happens to have a TZ-30 lying around, I would be interested, but I feel I might have more luck with Fender or the multitude of generic Fender parts on the market. If anyone has any experience with anything remotely relating to this thread, please chime in. I understand it is hard to be interested in a guitar most people have never heard of, much less the tremolo block for the bridge on that particular guitar, but if you have a solution, please share! If you were in my situation, what would you do? You never know what other people know until you ask or present a situation someone has already gone through. With that said, I do wish it was a less random problem on a more common guitar. :plain: Thank you for any help you can offer!

See less See more
#3 ·
The section where the tremolo bar screws in broke apart. I think the tremolo bar would press against the side of the tremolo block every time I used it causing that section of the block to eventually break apart. The tremolo still works normally so it took me awhile to figure this out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.