Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Please recommend me some instructional dvds and books

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
Hi there!

I've been playing guitar for 13 years now. Past few years I didn't have as much time for it as I wanted to, but now I want to up my game a lot. I play mostly metal(Trivium, Slipknot, BFMV etc.) but I'm open to jazz and blues and other genres.What I'm looking for:

Excercises for guitarirsts that will help me develop speed and accuracy for both rythm and soloing. I'm familiar with John Petruccis Rock Discipline, and I like it a lot, but if there are others that are as good or even better I would like to know.

Secondly. I've learnt basic music theory, but I really want to broaden my knowledge. Learn all the chord progressions and scales. I've searched and I don't know about any good books or dvds on this subject, becuase I want to learn it through mostly guitar. So would be cool to have something that has fingerings on alls the scales and chords.

And thirdly something that will help me wiht improvisation, I really suck at it. I know it has to come from the heart and stuff....but to a degree it's learnable skill, how to find the right notes through a jam session.

Thank You All! :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.