Jemsite - View Single Post - 1989 JEM777VBK Restoration
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
pteropid
Contributor

1989 JEM777VBK Restoration

Hi everyone, I mentioned in one of my posts that I was restoring an ’89 VBK that I bought. I just got her back from the luthier so I thought I would post some progress pictures for anyone who’s interested in this stuff.

Before I start though I want to send a big shout out to Rich at ‘Ibanez Rules’, Rich you are awesome! Thanks so much for helping me get hold of all the fiddly bits and pieces. Rich managed to get all the parts I needed to me from the other side of the world in 3 business days. I had ordered some parts from a local supplier and they took nearly 4 months to arrive so you can see why I’m so impressed.

Anyway, I’m sure I’ve said this before but I’ve been searching for years for a VBK in Australia but they are rare as hen’s teeth and I’ve never seen one come up for sale. I have seen quite a few for sale overseas but I’m not keen on buying a guitar without first checking it out.

I found a VBK down the road from where I live that came up for $2,400 (~$1,750 USD) but she was in pretty sad shape see pic. I knew it was going to take a lot of time and dollars to get her back to full health, but hey what gentleman doesn’t help a lady in need.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JEM777VBK01.jpg (209.4 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by pteropid; 04-10-2019 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Spelling

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome