Jemsite - View Single Post - I tried a jem jr at guitar center
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 12:18 PM
BigBazz

Re: I tried a jem jr at guitar center

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellotunes View Post
Even Steve Vai has 4 Jem Jr’s in his personal collection. One old black one and 3 of the newer white ones. I assume all heavily modded, but still.
Most guitars are fine if you have setup skills, I think the issue is that the target audience for a Jem Jr is really the younger more inexperienced player that doesn't have the skills to do a setup, and of course you could pay for a setup and to have the frets worked on if needed but you're looking at close to 1/4 the price of what the guitar costs for that work. The Jem JR's I tried and inspected at stores looked and felt pretty bad to me, and while I'm sure a few tweaks would have them playing really nice I'd soon want to replace that bridge for something with more stability, I think if I was spending on a guitar in that price bracket a Jem Jr would not be a consideration.

That said I think Steve's are probably stock and they never leave the stand, he has a million guitars so I very much doubt he's going to pick one up and play it, he has one like he has one of probably every Jem that was ever released.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome