Jemsite - View Single Post - Bias FX - Anyone use it?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
FireEagle

Re: Bias FX - Anyone use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
I highly recommend fx2.The free download gives good sample and just cuts out every few minutes. Give a try. I use it with apogee jam+ with surface pro. Love the plexi69 and orange ac30 for example. Good luck.

Thank you for the recommendation! I'll give it a try. I have tried a few other free VST plug-in amps with mixed luck, but the demos I watched for this seemed very positive.

Part of this change in modus operandi was picking up some decent monitors with bigger drivers. I found a deal I could not pass up, so I ordered two M-Audio BX8 D3 monitors. When I got them and changed the entire room layout to accommodate the big monitors, one driver did not work. So I called support and they sent a pre-paid label to return it, with the next step being they send me a replacement. Instead of a email for the shipping of the replacement monitor, I got an "Order Cancelled" notification... Apparently they discontinued that particular monitor! So here I am, stuck with one 8" monitor and can't afford the same type at regular price... Ugh!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome