Jemsite - View Single Post - Pickups for an Ibanez 540r
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2020, 01:51 PM
JsXLine6

I have 2 different radius guitars, hss, hsh, and a custom js100 (essentially a radius HH) with a warmoth neck and a gotoh floyd. The Dimarzio mo joe is in the bridge of all of them. It's a beefer better Fred.

The hss has fender hot noiseless single coils, the combination is excellent. They are the same pickups that Jeff Beck uses. They are thick but still twangy... they can scream with gain and retain glassiness when clean. With a trebble bleed circuit it's just sick because with high gain, then dial down the volume knob the twang sparkles through.

The HH setup has a mo joe and a paf joe. Very nice combo. They split nicely have have an all around awesome bluesy rock tone and sustain is superb.

The hsh I just got, I am waiting on a capacitor to complete the circuit. I have a mo joe in the bridge and a paf joe in the neck and an injector (noiseless paul gilbert single coil) in the middle. I'll let you know what I think of the combo when I finish the circuit this weekend. The circuit is the same as guthrie govans charvel but with different pickups. That's what wiring diagram is (attached). The mini toggle splits the humbuckers, with those resistors and capacitors it prevents the output from dropping... Super cool idea. I am really excited to get it finished.

But if you like the Fred you'll love the Mo joe... It's simply a better version of the Fred. I had a Fred in my hss for a while, when I put in a mo joe it was just bad ass... I was so happy with it that I started to put it in all my radius(ish) guitars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40293737623_04d3955446_h_1605721386098.jpg (238.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by JsXLine6; 11-18-2020 at 07:28 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome