Jemsite - View Single Post - Teacher Recommendations
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2020, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
IbaneS

Teacher Recommendations

Hey Guys/Gals,

Bottom Line Up Front: I've spent the past 3 hours on google and forums looking for the right guitar teacher and would appreciate any recommendations.

I played a lot as a teen through my early 20's and would of probably been categorized as an intermediate player. Work took over, I started repopulating the globe, and now it's been almost 10 years. I've got a much better work/life balance these days and I really want to get back into guitar. If I had to pick a favorite genre, it would be metal; however, if I had to pick a favorite guitarist, it would be Andy Timmons. I love musicianship and really admire a person who's dedicated their lives to the craft. I'm not looking for a guitar teacher who can show me how to bend a note; I need someone who can give me a structure to advance my playing.

Most of what I'm finding online for guitar teachers is tied to some sort of video program. I get this works great for some folks but I much prefer one-on-one sessions (through Skype). If anyone has any recommendations or can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome