Jemsite - View Single Post - I'm honestly starting to get tired of these Floyd systems
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2020, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Fowleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemboyee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowleri View Post
The difference is that I’m a beginner when it comes to these systems. These are techs who have many years if experience and I paid one of them $75 for a setup.

And he didn’t even set it up right. The bridge angled all forward.

Now I’ll have to pay someone else to possibly set it up right and I’ll have to drive one hour to his shop and back and do the same thing again to pick up my guitar.

These systems unless youre very experienced are more trouble and a nuisance that if even techs who have years of experience can set one right how is the average joe supposed to do it?

And anything can throw off that setup to the trash, even just changing the strings
You don't "have to" do anything. There are a plethora of videos and instructional guidelines out there to where anyone can do it themselves.
Last night I spent hours trying to set up the guitar right with the bridge as is supposed to be, by adjusting the angle and also the action. I did it as is supposed to be done and I still can’t get it right.

I managed to lower the angle, then action was lowered. I raised the action and lowered the angle again. No more buzz but now the guitar won’t stay in tune like before.

I did all these adjustments without string tension.

Its too complicated because it has to be set right and any millimeters adjustments that is wrong will throw everything

I have no choice now but to go to this other tech one hours away from me and pay for another setup. Then ill buy an evertune guitar just to have something that actually works and doesn’t need all this stuff to be done and anything can throw it off balance

Maybe I should just block the trem with a tremolono and never look back

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome