Ibanez JEM Forum banner
25K views 185 replies 50 participants last post by  OCDemon 
#1 ·
Here's my Fractal swirl JS1000 ;)

See less See more
#10 ·
HDS said:
P.S. they deleted my post over in the Jem/Uni room, wounder why?
Actually, your post wasn't deleted- it was MOVED to a more appropriate location, the "Other Ibanez Guitars" topic.

If it's not a JEM or a Universe, there is no reason for it to be there.

Since you've posted in this thread as well, the original WILL be deleted. Please do not post the same thing in multiple topics.

#15 ·
HDS said:
cerealk said:
Adobe Photoshop?
Yes! as in the effects were done in Adobe PS7 but it "is" on the guitar. This isnt a fake photo.
it is a reasonable fake but...

you forgot to put black holes on the body for...
vol and tone knobs
switch
strap screw hole
(all of which are sitting in the case at the top of the photo)

the neck is suspended in the air seemingly above the body

there are parts of the swirl that continue in the little gaps between the pickup rings and pickups

The weird white filling in the hole next to the back of the trem

The grey object beneath the trem that is visible in the top photo but not in the bottom.

Look forward to more pictures to prove me wrong

Best wishes

:D

#16 ·
cerealk said:
HDS said:
cerealk said:
Adobe Photoshop?
Yes! as in the effects were done in Adobe PS7 but it "is" on the guitar. This isnt a fake photo.
Look forward to more pictures to prove me wrong

Best wishes

:D
Hehe sure, I can tell you without photos. Vinyl, I havent punhed the holes for the knobs or the straps posts. I have a $4,000 Roland vinyl printer, like wich is used to make Nascar/company stickers. This a whats called a vinyl rap.

#18 ·
cerealk said:
In that case that's an excellent idea!!! :D

LOL no wonder there are no holes ;)

so what is the deal with the neck and the trem cavity?

can you show with more pictures how you applied it? did it get applied/stuck on in a number of pieces?

Cheers :D
Back from lunch...

The neck is just sitting there, I havent clear coated yet so I didnt want to damage any of the vinyl by setting it in all the way. Same with the trim, no reason to put it in untell it's time ;) I just reasted the parts there for the pic. The white you see under the trim is where I havent put back the black fome.

Well thats the trick to the hole process, its done in two parts (2 very large stcikers) with 3M vinyl, very strong stuff. But as you know you cant just take a flat plane on apply it to a 3D object and that's the trick I would like to leave out. If I ever were to offer this to people. As Darren once said "Swirlings been around for ages, I'm just the first person to swirl a guitar."

Vinyl has been around for ages, I'm just the first to completly cover a guitar in it. Looks as though I have taking swirling to a new media and the things you can do! I can rap anything you would like in any color, photo, graphic, etc.. I also can do glow in the dark or florescence, how about a screen cap of your fav. movie? Game etc..

As you can see I'm very happy about figuring this process out. And it does help to have the printer ;)

#24 ·
stratoskier said:
So when you say you used 2 very large stickers, I presume you mean one for the front+sides and one for the rear. How does it look where the edges meet. Very noticeable?
Bert
If left as is you can see where the pattern meet. You can over lap them about 2 inchs over what you need and then slice in a non straite line ( to through peopls eye's off) and you wont see it. Or you can camo the meeting zone with air brush.

Thing to keep in mind is people look for a seam that meets at the side or center, so if you cut along let say the red swirl and made that your seam, no one would see it. On a Jem it dont matter because its flat so you put the seam at the edge. On a JS you have to hide the seam because how curvy it is and there is no "side" as it rounded on the sides.

I can post pics to show you what I mean I you like? You'll have to wait tell I get off work though.

#26 ·
Tubarão Guitars said:
Seems cool, but NOT TOO cool like a REAL SWIRL.
Anyway, you're a swirler too......
Great job! :D
Tubarão
Real swirl? What is real? Swirl is a pattern. I know what you ment ;)

Being that I have swirled with paint and now this, guess with I like better. I can put cool effects in my fratal swirls ;) plus if someone wanted it done they could send in a pic of what they wanted or pic from a random swirl pattern and see it before its done. Say you want a Donnie ;)

Do you think people wouldnt like it because it wasnt dunked into a tank of water with paint floating?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.