Ebony fingerboard
26 3/4" scale
2 1/8" neck width at nut
3 piece mahogony/flame maple neck, w carbon fiber reinforcements
Flame maple binding around neck and headstock
Baker piezo bridge and preamp
Custom 7 string pickups
Custom case because she is so Fat.

Color: Fire! Scott Heatley did a great job making the quilt stand out and look like it is on fire.

My primary purpose for ordering a custom, handbuilt guitar is because of the neck. I like the wide neck and string spacing on my classical, but there are not many production 7 string necks this wide and flat. I searched all the custom builders I could find on the net, and Scott Heatley kept returning to the top of the list for workmanship, flexability, and cost. I called him up and explained how I wanted the neck, and he said no problem. Almost a year later and it is finished. It will be sent out on Monday.

There has been a lot of talk about the lack of high end 7 string guitars, and I totally agree. There are not a lot of high end 7's being made right now, especially hollowbodies. I know Jim Soloway is working on a cool new design, I certainly hope more players/builders follow suit.

Now I just have to wait for the FedEx gods to bring it from Canada with love ...there seems to be a lot of great craftsmanship coming from Canada these days

What do you guys think? I know, its not exactly a mainstream guitar, but I think it came out looking pretty sweet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome