Ibanez JEM Forum banner

RGT3120 TV - My Latest Acqusition! - I've gone Flamed Maple

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Gresh 
#1 ·
Just received my RGT3120 TV from Rich and it truly is an amazing guitar! The neck thru reminds me of my American Master I used to have - can't believe I sold that guitar! Anyway, I will be changing the pickups to an Air Norton and a Tone Zone (both creme/black) - should look sweet with the trans violet. Hey Rich, you were right it is hard to see any flame since that purple color is so dark!  This is my fourth maple top guitar!! I have a JPM90, USRG30 BT, UCEWFM-NT and my only non maple top guitar is a Jem 7VWH. I'm obsessed with flamed, quilted or figured maple tops! I love the way they sound and look. Anybody else have the same obsession? Also, I'm in desperate need of an RBM2 - sellers please contact me!

(Edited by JimiVai at 8:43 pm on April 23, 2002)

#5 ·
Re: RGT3120 TV - My Latest Acqusition! - I've gone Flamed Ma

JimiVai said:
Anybody else have the same obsession?
I've been obsessed with maple tops ever since I got my RG3120-TW. My goal has been to have a transparent-finished maple-topped guitar in every color of the rainbow. Here's where I am now:

red: RG3120-DR (used to have an RG1200-TR, too)
orange: RG1220-QMTO
yellow-ish: RG1680x-TA (used to have an RG570-CTAM, too)
green: RG1880-BGS
blue: RG3120-TW (and almost the JPM90-HAM)
purple: RGT3120-TV

Then there's the ones that don't really fit into the rainbow: a natural MA1FM, a trans black Les Paul DC, and the RG-ART, which is a little bit of every color.

What can I say... I love maple tops!

--B

#6 ·
I played the RGT this past weekend, and it was unbelievable!! I am very impressed with the tone and quality of the guitar. I saw both the Purple and the brown. Beautiful.

The only thing that I was kinda put off by was the neck binding. It looked kinda cheap. That's just a minor nit-pick, nothing I'd turn down guitar over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.