Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  cerealk 
#1 ·
I'm finally gettin an Ibanez!!!!Its an RG2820 CTVV and I cant wait :D
I'm gettin it for £557 so I think thats a pretty cool deal :p
Pretty stupid topic but.....yay im gettin a new guitar!!!!!! :p

#3 ·
lol

What are the stock p/ups like? If they are naff I was thinkin to go for an Air Norton in the neck and a Breed in the bridge because I read reviews sayin that they both go well in a mahogany body, if anyone could give some feedback on these p/ups that would be great thanx :)

#4 ·
Most of the people who change the pups at least go with the Air Norton, it almost seems a natural fit :wink: Excellent clean, smooth lead sound. With the bridge position it's more personal choice :) I like to riff a lot, so I decided to put in a Tonezone (my fav bridge pup). Others went for a Steve's Special (to get the John Petrucci combo with the AN) or Evo. I haven't heard of anyone who has put a Breed in the bridge position of a RG2820, it might work very well! I'd say: Check the Dimarzio site and decide for yourself. If you think the Breed is the one, go for it. Everyone who has changed the pups is extremely satisfied with the guitar, it's almost scary :lol:

#5 ·
I'd wait until you get it befor eyou think about new pickups, you may find the stock ones to be good :)
I've put Evos in my RG620QM (mahogany body, quilted maple top), and they sound great - they're still bright even in mahogany.

Congrats on the 2820, I very nearly bought one, but spotted the RG620 going for £399 and changed my mind at the last minute. I love the 620, but I wish it had the vine inlay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.