Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Fretless guitars?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Ice 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to buy an acoustic fretless guitar but I haven't found anything 'good' enough. I'm looking for something along the line of Taylor and Martin and so far I've only found one acoustic model by Fernandes and I don't like Fernandes that much.

Also, I was wondering if there are any other brands out there that make fretless electrics beside Vigier and Fernandes?

Thanks!

#5 ·
If you're after a Martin/Taylor level, you could get one with an ebony board and have it professionally de-fretted. That means the fret slots are filled under tension so the neck isn't unneccessarily weak. Or have the board replaced. Jeremy is replacing boards. Taylor does enough custom type stuff that they might do one for you for not a lot extra. Tacoma might make you one, too. You can't go wrong with Tacoma. I'd call around to the companies you already like and check it out.

#12 ·
yea

i didn't post cause I wanted to give you links. I swear I saw an amazing fretless Ovation at Guitar Center months ago, but I can't find any fretless ovations on their website. How about takamine don't they make some? How is custom too much when the name brands you're looking at can go for 2800. if not more. Hell Martin's cost as much as a car lol.
Washburn and fernendez make them.

Here's some electric and acoustics though... http://www.fretlessguitar.com/guitarsite/home.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.