Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Can a Steinberger still be carried on an air plane?

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  caprile 
#1 ·
Hello,

I know that they are unlikely to allow you to carry a guitar in either softcase and hardcase on the air plane (assume that the plane is quite packed). It happened to me not long ago.

I know some of you used to carry steinberger on the air plane. I am wondering if you still can do it since they are kind of more strict in this "carry on" thing. Thanks. :D

#2 ·
I used to have a Steinberger that I'd toss in the overhead luggage bin, but I haven't had it since before 9/11... I think I'd be nervous about carrying a Steinberger bag around an airport now-a-days; looks way too much like a gun-case - you'll probably be shot by some zit-faced security guard before you can explain you're a rock star :roll:

#6 ·
Backing the last post up, my aunty works for British airways and she said my steinberger (which is a bass so is even bigger) was fine for over head luggage, As for other guitars I tryed to get mine in the plane some where but they ended up putting it where ever they put the buggies and stuff.

#10 ·
babahi said:
Yes, since only a couple of weeks ago I took my GS Steinberger, which is almost like your GM but even has a headstock, to boot! And I had no problems.
Yeah but keep in mind that you look like a rock star and every half awake check-in person will even let you carry a drum kit as hand luggage. :)

Most of us might not be so lucky and the dodgiest thing is if you have a case you severely reduce your chancess of being alowed to take it on as hand luggage but if you only have a gig bag and they don't let you take it with you, chancess are the eguitar will get damaged in all those sorting shutes.

ilia

#11 ·
I don't know what are the written regulations, but I can tell you this: nobody will stop you from having your guitar on board with you. I know this because last year I took 4 planes (2 intl, 2 inside the US) with my Universe in a gigbag and had no problems at all, even considering this was on a 2 day period from 9-11 to 9-13!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.