Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JEM Choice.. help me decide

Tags
dbk jem
1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Distantshore 
#1 ·
I own a JEM7VWH, JEM777SK and S540LTD.

Now if i lose the S540LTD i can gain another JEM7VWH.. at a great deal.

Now I absolutly love the feel of the JEM's they play exactly how i like and I love the look and everything about them, but the S540LTD w/ DiMarzio's just has this ultimately ballsy tone n roars like a trooper.. also plays slick as poop off a stick etc..

Now do i be happy with 2 JEM's and 1 S540LTD for a different tone.. or do I let my JEM fettish take over and become a JEM fantatic lol..

now im asking one seriously bias set of guitarists here.. but believe me im not just asking u guys hehe.. im totally stuck.

#3 ·
unless you mod the 2nd one out either cosmetically or mechanically.
if you like the feel and tone of the S540, keep it, and if it is meant to be w/ a 2nd 7VWH - it will happen.. :wink: :twisted:

#4 ·
Jeroen would say "Buy the 7VWH" The more, the better! If you like S540 very much for the sound it gives you, stick to it. Otherwise you'll maybe regret it. I've you have a Jem fettish you would allready done it and bought the other 7VWH. I myself would go for the Jem. Have 2 Jem's myself but haven't got a Jem7VWH yet!! :cry:

Just listen to your self :wink:

#6 ·
try the DBK

I was looking at the same kind of purchasing situation you are (already have a VWH [it's a '93 though], looking to buy a new Jem) and some people here suggested that I look at the DBK Jem, since it has different tonal properties than the VWH. Since I got that suggestion, I am leaning towards getting a DBK instead of a new VWH or VSBL, because my old VWH is perfectly serviceable, and I'd like to have a Jem with a bit of a darker tone. Also, the DBK is cheaper than the white and blue Jems, so it's looking like a pretty good deal to me. Hope you find what you need!

#7 ·
try the DBK

I was looking at the same kind of purchasing situation you are (already have a VWH [it's a '93 though], looking to buy a new Jem) and some people here suggested that I look at the DBK Jem, since it has different tonal properties than the VWH. Since I got that suggestion, I am leaning towards getting a DBK instead of a new VWH or VSBL, because my old VWH is perfectly serviceable, and I'd like to have a Jem with a bit of a darker tone. Also, the DBK is cheaper than the white and blue Jems, so it's looking like a pretty good deal to me. Hope you find what you need!

#8 ·
i could see having a VSBL and a VWH as the tones are probably the same but the cosmetics are different. i have a DBK and it is a cool guitar but the tone on the VWH and VSBL probably ranks higher. it is probably hard to go wrong with ANY Jem. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.