Classified Ad Rules & Policies - Read before posting, replying, buying!
Please keep the reply conversation down to a MINIMUM in the Classified Forums. Unless you have a question or correction for the seller, please read and do not reply
Sellers & Want to Buyers...
- Trader Ratings were added Jan. 24, 2005. By selling or buying thru jemsite you are agreeing to USE THESE UPON COMPLETION of your transaction
- No posting dealer/broker ads.
- No flipping (buying to immediately/quickly resell).
- No posting E-bay links or other auction advertisements.
- No posting items currently on auction or on other paid classifieds.
- Include your Location (City, State - Country)
- If you disabled receipt of PM/email in your profile, leave a contact method.
- If your internet connection is erratic, leave a phone number
- You must include a PRICE/COST
- No "auction-like" listings accepting offers until a certain date.
- Include an accurate description of your item
- Posts SOLD/FOUND when the item(s) are gone and CLOSE thread.
- Do not bump to top (reply "still forsale") an ad before 21 days time.
- Link to IMAGES ONLY from your OWN personal web space. Do not use jemsite or other people's websites to post images.
- You cannot sell, trade, or offer anything that is illegal/prohibited/restricted in any jurisdiction. USE YOUR COMMON SENSE HERE or risk suspension of your classified posting privileges.
- Use an appropriate title including FS, FT, FS/FT, WTB, WTT
FS = For Sale
FT = For Trade
FS/FT = For Sale or Trade
WTB = Wanted To Buy
WTT = Wanted To Trade
GOOD Subject: FS: JEM7PBK in excellent condition w/ JEM case
BAD Subject: LOOK HERE!!!!! Anyone interested!!!!!!!!
Buyers & Sellers
- Locked threads indicate SOLD items.
- When browsing ads, check the original POST date is recent.
- Include your Location (City, State - Country) in your profile.
- Posts SOLD when the item(s) is paid for and close/lock your thread if you are the classified stater
When you come to an agreement...
- Protect yourself by asking for a referral list of people / forum members the seller has dealt with in the past and using
- iTrader Ratings (began 1/24/2005) should be used as a buyer/seller guide
- Ask questions and verification BEFORE you come to an agreement, not before so you don't waste each others time.
When your transaction is complete
- Post a reply in the ad saying "sold" or "item found" so you don't waste other people's time.
- Topic starter should CLOSE the thread (Thread Tools menu... CLOSE thread). ONLY the topic starter or moderator can close a thread.
- PrivateMessage your payment information and obtain shipping location. PRINT YOUR PMs for reference. Followup by EMAIL can lead to trouble and PrivateMessage is recommended.
- Prompt payment and shipment is expected.
Classified Ad Links...
Click here for JEM/UV ads (no JEM555 ads)
Click here for Other Guitars, JEM555s, Other Gear & Memorabilia
- This assumes payment received and item received.
- enter iTrader Ratings for each other.
POSITIVE: good experience with the buyer/seller. items as expected
NEUTRAL : useful for partners who "cancel" without any exchange of goods, or slow followup and delivery or payment
NEGATIVE: bad experience with the buyer/seller. items not as advertised.