Ibanez JEM Forum banner

New "family" member adopted yesterday

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nuno 
#1 ·
i bought a S-520 from a guy that lived nearby (couple hours) that i had seen on eBay. i love the pure sexiness of these guitars and was saddened when Ibanez added the bubbinga (ugly!) top, ugly binding to the neck and body of the guitar. the new "wave" inlay sucks as well.
i have been hunting this model for a couple years and finally brought a '00 model home yesterday. she has a smooth, thinner radius neck (22 fret) and it seems wider than most Ibanez necks i have played. i plan to put in a tone zone or JB in the bridge and a "59 in the neck. i haven't even plugged her in yet but she came with a V1 and V2 pups installed and setup for drop "C" tuning. i changed the strings and set it up for 10's. what a nice feel she has and of course, what a sexy beast! so elegant and simple. pure S series perfection!
i have wanted one for a long time and ever since i have sold my S2120xav Prestige, i have been hunting even harder to get my hands on one. that day finally arrived yesterday!! woohoo!
i will post pics as soon as i get a chance and you can judge for yourself. she will seem like a sister guitar next to my Jem77JPM custom mahogany guitar as the bridge pup will be a matching creme and blk.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.