Ibanez JEM Forum banner

UK Jem/ibanez players price advice help!!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jono 
#1 ·
Hi all

To anyone in the UK- I have a JEM 7DVWH 2002 that I'm looking to part with, so if anyone wishes to make an offer, I'm listening :)

Also, even if ur not interested in buying could someone suggest a standard price for what I might expect to fetch for this so I dont end up getting totally ripped whoever I sell to i.e. here, e-bay, random guy etc.

I see that JEM's go new for about £1700 at GAK.co.uk, so whats the used price people pay?

thanks all

#2 ·
My advice would be to getone from the USA right now. The dollar is not doing so well against the pound. That means good deals for us Brits on stuff from the USA.

I'd wager that a second hand JEM7VWH in great condition over here would be on offer for about £1400, but check the Rich's Ibanez Rules site to see how much you can get one for :D

#3 ·
A number of U.K dealers regularly sell new Jems from their evilBay stores for £1399 or less. One of the respected dealers is offering a new 2005 7VWH with a tiny headstock chip for £1299. See item 3773809927

So, £1400 might be a little too much to ask for a second hand '02.

Alex

#4 ·
Jono, the dude is selling rather than buying. :grin:

I'd say if it's in great condition with a case and lo -pro bridge (Serial starts with F02), AND you do a very descriptive writeup in ebay AND take 20-30 good quality natural light pics (upload them to a photo place like webshots/photobucket/yahoo and post a link in the auction) it might fetch over £1100.
That is if you have a 7VWH.

If you have the black one - 7DBK, then around £700.

If you just post a 2 line description and the two free 400x300 pics that ebay alowes you'd be lucky to get over £900 or £600 repectively.

ilia

#7 ·
Erm OK, I need to read first post second!!!

OK then,

Don't expect to sell this guitar for all that much because most folks these days are buying from the USA, due to the current exchange rate!

I'd advertise at £1200 and be prepared to haggle as everyone is going to say "but I can get one of these from the states for..."

(Is that more like it guys!?!?! ;) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.