Ibanez JEM Forum banner

S7420FMTT questions

Tags
pro edge
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
Could an Edge or Lo-Pro replace the TRS without routing?  Besides maybe new pickups, it seems like that might bring this up to snuff?
Greg

#3 ·
I've heard different things from different people. Most I speak to, about 95%, say that the Edge and TRS are not switchable without routing. BUT, I have spoke to maybe 2 or 3 people who have actually COMFIRMED replacing their TRS with a Lo-Pro and it working perfectly fine!! They said there was a huge limit to pull-up but that it did fit and was able to be strung up. Not sure whats up with that but I would look into it before buying a Lo-Pro unless you dont mind having to route if you have to. Like ripl3y said, if you dont mind shelling out a little $ to a pro then its not THAT big of a deal. Most should be able to do it no problem.

#4 ·
Thanks, guys.  It sounds like it the routing may be simply in the depth of the cavity.  Either way, it's do-able.  I've never had a TRS to compare profiles with the LoPro/Edge.  Other than the trem, that guitar seems something I'd be interested in...I'll keep my eye out for a deal.
Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.