Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez 7-String concert acoustic - Anyone played one yet?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  trajectory fish 
#1 ·
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...95698482/search/g=guitar/detail/base_id/39560

Has anyone actually seen/played one of these yet?

I'm really tempted to charge one of these, but I'm really leary about never having actually seen one or heard anything about it..

I'd like to know if/how they reinforced the bridge to make up for the extra string tension.

Come to think of it... I'd also like to know where I can get 7-string packs of elixirs... ;)

#2 ·
Ibanez 7-String concert acoustic

i am the proud owner of an ibanez AJ307, and though i've had some problems with
playability (there is a small hump in the fretboard where the neck meets the body, causing massive buzzing on the 13th fret. Also, when i first got it, the first few frets of strings 1 and 2 were unplayable due to low action (or maybe a low nut, not sure), so i placed shims underneath the saddle to raise it, but then the saddle began to lean foreward due to an akward fit (saddle is too small). to fix this i've had to wedge pieces of paper into the side to get it to stand up straight.),
intonation (the 7th string goes sharp above fret 5 or 6), and
reliability (piezo pickup only picks up strings 2 through 6),
the guitar sounds realy good... despite the nightmarish ammount of problems with it.

i'm thinking of sending it back to ibanez and getting them to fix the darn thing. for the price nobody should have to put up with all of this.

other than that the guitar is great! try before you buy though. don't know if mine was just a bad pick or what... does anybody know if ibanez can help me, or do i have to find a repair person on my own?

#3 ·
Ibanez 7-String concert acoustic

I played a used one at the GC in New Orleans back before the holidays and wasn't that impressed. It didn't have any of the problems described above but it just lacked any life. Playability seemed fine but the tone was very dull.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.