Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  CrossingStar 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried a blaze custom pickup? I'm going to try one in my 7620 and was wondering how it compares to the Blaze, TZ7, Evo, etc. Also, do dimarzio 7 string pickups come with the foam spacer sticky things that go on the bottom of the pickup?

Any help much appreciated.

#4 ·
Johnmetall said:
Why would you want your neck pickup to be hotter than you bridge?

I agree with you about the Blaze Custom. This just reminded me that I gotta buy 3 more of them in case Dimarzio get the crazy Idea of not make them anymore.

I use Air Norton 7/ Blaze Custom combo
He didn't mean hotter than your bridge pickup. He meant hotter than normal, since the Blaze Custom is so high output. (Like by his logic you'd be better served with say an AN7 than a PAF7 in the neck, since the outputs wouldn't mach as well. Good logic. Not absolutely true in my example... most Dimarzio neck humbuckers would match just fine with any bridge humbuckers. It would be more of an issue with a low output single coil in the neck paired with a high-output bridge humbucker. But still, the AN7 would work great with the BC ;))

#8 · (Edited)
analogcreature said:
i had to order mine from dimarzio. i actually dont think they are made anymore tho unfortunately.

thanks dark wolf
NP ;)

The BC has more output and mids than the Blaze. I'm thinking the BC sounds a bit like a JB, slightly less top-end, bit more bass, but very similar. Great pup for alder/basswood 7's, and would probably rock in mahogany, too.

If you do a google search on Dimarzio Blaze Custom, you'll find a few sites that sell it still. (I just checked 2 days ago, on May 6, 2005 for future reference ;) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.