Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Help me with my Charvette

8K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Ibanized 
#1 ·
Ok bought this for about 300 and I love it. I searched the net but have not found any info on this Charvette. While searching I came across this forum and decided to see if any of the members have come across this model.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/geome44/267b5c4c.jpg

I had to replace the volume contole and phone jack.

#8 ·
I'm pretty sure they started producing the Charvette line in '88 or '89. I purchased one new from a local music store in 89. As stated previously, the Charvette was a lower priced line produced by Charvel to compete with the likes of the Yamaha Pacifica, Peavey Nitro, Kramer Nightswan, Applause GTX, Dean Jammer, Aria Pro, and other guitars at their price level. Mine was a yellowish-orange finish with black crackle, and if I remember correctly I droppped about $370 for it. It was a solid guitar for the price, had a thin profile neck that played great, and a Dimarzio Dual Sound I had put in the bridge really gave it a great tone. The only thing I was less than happy with was the Floyd Licensed trem. It would constantly lose tune on the middle strings with light trem use or even string bends. A tech tried 3 times to make adjustments so the thing to hold tune but narrowed it down to it being some sort of flaw in the trem itself. I traded her off in 1991 toward my first Ibanez.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.