Ibanez JEM Forum banner
7K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  RGR570 
#1 ·
Hi folks, I'm quite new to the PGM, but lately have been quite interested in them.

There's so many PGMs out there that it's not even funny. Some with the floating trem, some fixed bridge, etc..

If I can own just one PGM, which PGM model (PGM300, PGM500, etc) would you recommend?

Thanks a bunch!

#9 ·
I am a huge PGM200 fan. Thats the one I have always wanted, and lusted after. Its always the way isnt it, the one you want is always one of the rarer ones. But I am confident I will own one eventually!

Apart from that, my favourite is probably the current PGM301. I just think it is a cracking guitar all-round, and it plays lovely.

#10 ·
I've only owned a PGM10th, 300, and 301.
I'd have to say that the 300 was the best... had a nice laquer on the neck and fretboard, not that satin stuff so everything is matte (a la 10th and 301). Sounded a lot more lively than the 10th and 301. Plus, for some reason, that's the one I identify Paul with. It was certainly the one I saw the most print ads for.

-Ben

#21 ·
I dont think anyone can deny that the PGM90th is a very beautiful guitar, thin sounding or not. Which I have heard people say about them on many an occassion now. But I dont think its the quintessential PGM. If you had to introduce someone to a PGM, or the first thing that springs to mind, its the PGM301. For me anyways.

Its the one he's certainly most associated with, and uses the most. And its in production right now, so its easy to get hold of if you want one. Not like most of the other PGM models, in which you have to wait and scout Evilbay and other sources.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.