Ibanez JEM Forum banner

How much does a Mark IV go for???

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  adamcbest 
#1 ·
I've been looking all over the net and I can't find a basic price to go off of. I'm talking about a Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Head, not the combo. No fancy hard wood finishes or custom shop designs either, I just want to know how much the base model of a Mark IV head cost? Any input is helpful!

#2 ·
a new one is $1699 and i think that is for both long and short chassis. That's about the best your gonna get on price. Mesa doesn't allow dealers to give deals on their products, so they must sell at list price. If they catch dealers giving deals, i think they give a warning, then pull the line from the store. Except Guitar Center, they seem to get away with it. You also won't find them online because Mesa doesn't want stores shipping out of their designated market area. I've heard there must be 50 miles minimum between each mesa dealer. pretty harsh if you ask me.

Used, I've seen them go on auction anywhere from $800 to almost full price, depending on condition. Great amp though. I bought one and haven't had a single negative feeling about it. i'd get one used if you can find a nice one

#7 ·
i'm not sure what exactly what you mean by spongy. but i know they i can get extremely nice smooth leads. or really punchy, thick rhythms. very versatile amp. and agree with what was said early. it's the only mesa i really like too.. of the current models, anyway. the nomads were cool.. and of course the older mark series were cool. I'm sure there were some other cool ones that were around too.

#10 ·
but seriously; they ARE awesome; you just keep crankin the distortion...and

volume...and the distortion...and volume...and the distortion...and

volume...AND THE DISTORTION...AND THE VOLUME...AND THE

DISTORTION.....

#11 ·
steve bro said:
but seriously; they ARE awesome; you just keep crankin the distortion...and

volume...AND THE DISTORTION...AND THE VOLUME...AND THE

DISTORTION.....
OOOOO.K. but anyway.. even though they say that to get tube amps really sounding good you ahve to have the volume pretty high, you can still get some pretty good tones at bedroom volume with the markIV. They just really flourish though at a bit higher volume.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.