Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Swirled bass....

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  nienturi 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just swirled my bass players bass guitar (Ibanez soundgear):

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/faymarine@btinternet.com/album?.dir=/9df9

I'll try to get some more pics up once it's put back together. I'm actually starting to prefer swirls like this that have complimentary colours instead of neon clashing colours - this bass looks lovely in the flesh!

cheers,

Rich

#3 ·
Kamikaze_1 said:
I see you went with a blue and white swirl. Nice. Kind of reminds me a bit of Tubaoro's blue swirl he posted a while back.
Yeah, I thought that when I saw the pics of his guitar - very similar shades as I remember - blues just make lovely swirls.
And this must be the quickest reply ever - I was just starting another thread in another forum and popped back here to find a reply already!

#8 ·
Kamikaze_1 said:
Great. And it's the holy month of Ramadhan to boot. :D.

Say, since you kindly spotted the number, are you a Muslim? and are you fasting? :D

I guess this is post 667. ;)
I just have some sort of magnetic attraction to the number 666, lol. :D

damo7v said:
either you or tubarao will have to start taking on some paid work for forum members. this is driving me nuts.
You could always learn to do it yourself. How do you go about swirling a guitar anyhow?

#12 ·
#16 ·
LonePhantom said:
Maybe those are screw holes for mounting the bridge?
Correct!
It's a five string bass - the strings locate in the bridge, they don't go through the body (if you look at the pics you'll see that the six holes on the front don't go all the way to the back).
Apparently he's put it back together now, so I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
cheers,
Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.