Ibanez JEM Forum banner

J.Customs now available in Australia

3K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  sugizo_esp 
#1 ·
All you guys in oz who have been looking for J customs in here in Australia.
Music City in Sydney has 2 of them.. 1x RG8270TB and 1 x RG8270DR

So if you are in Sydney go and check em out.. No they are not second hand and are covered by Australias Ibanez Distributor warranty..

#8 ·
landed cost on a j custom here in oz is about $3650 AUD ($2900 for the guitar + $150 for shipping + 10% gst +5% customs +$90 brokers fees

RRP on the J custom is $4495AUD so a street price of under $4000. I dont know about you guys but a guitar I can hold in my hands and send back for warranty is worth an extra couple of hundred bucks to me... especially when i am forking out that sort of money..

#9 ·
Guess how much the RG1527 lists for here in Aussie? $1455 USD!!!!!!!!!!! When you sods in America get it for $1100 USD :D!
I just ordered my RG1527 in royal blue and luckily i managed to get $291 USD off to make it $1161 USD. Hey any of you guys in Australia want really cheap stuff check out Pro Audio in Canberra, the discounts are insane. Hey Ki swordsman! its good to see some more people for tassie.

#10 · (Edited)
spiro said:
landed cost on a j custom here in oz is about $3650 AUD ($2900 for the guitar + $150 for shipping + 10% gst +5% customs +$90 brokers fees

RRP on the J custom is $4495AUD so a street price of under $4000. I dont know about you guys but a guitar I can hold in my hands and send back for warranty is worth an extra couple of hundred bucks to me... especially when i am forking out that sort of money..
lol i don't know where the hell you got those prices from but i just checked ishibashi prices on current Jcustoms and the most expensive one- 200,000Yen works out to $2301AU, then add your shipping and 15% import (you don't need to use a customs broker)
would save a hell of a lot to import and i'm sure you could shop around for better prices anyway..

to clarify- that could work out to around $2800AU total. far sight short of $3650 let alone under $4000
saving of $1200? hell yeah i'd import on a quality controlled electric like that

heya shredder! i've never seen another tassie dude on jemsite except ppl i know :) are you from Hobart?

#14 ·
Ki swordsman said:
lol i don't know where the hell you got those prices from but i just checked ishibashi prices on current Jcustoms and the most expensive one- 200,000Yen works out to $2301AU, then add your shipping and 15% import (you don't need to use a customs broker)
would save a hell of a lot to import and i'm sure you could shop around for better prices anyway..

to clarify- that could work out to around $2800AU total. far sight short of $3650 let alone under $4000
saving of $1200? hell yeah i'd import on a quality controlled electric like that

heya shredder! i've never seen another tassie dude on jemsite except ppl i know :) are you from Hobart?
Yeah man i live in Hobart as well :D. i live in lenah valley

#21 ·
bezial, tassie is cool...

but it sux donkey ballz and is freakin cold so Sydney and Japan for me :)[/QUOTE]

.....mmmmm - big fan of Tassie I see.........

Very pretty place though - when I was last in Tasmania, you couldn't even get an espresso coffee - it all came out of cans - big shock for a caffiene addict! - I guess the local music scene might be a wee bit quiet?

#22 ·
well there's a bit of a music scene actually, but crap music shopping.
there's a lot of new coffee places around- like that hudsons chain

tassie is good if you want to get away from it all, but right now i'm all up for cities, beaches, shops and hot weather, i've been to sydney once a year atleast for pretty much my whole life and would rather just stay there at the moment til i'm living in japan anyway. tasvegas would be ok if not for the weather

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.