Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
5K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
Got bit more time for a few days than I did before Christmas!!
I keep a small guitar collection in the US in the 'wife doesn't know about them' pot. Usually this doesn't include my Ibanez as most of them live back in the UK…. But at the moment I have too many guitars in in the USA… so I either need to ship them out (they are taking up too much room at too many friends houses!!) or sell a few off!! My work takes me between the US, UK and Aus quite often… but I will be in Aus for at least the next few months….. So before I do anything I thought I would put some up for trade and see if there is anything out there!!

1. RG20051 Ltd Ed.
As new, all stock. I am sure you all know what it is!! Loads of Action on the Front and a Killer back!!

2. Suhr Standard. Now this is a stunning guitar!! John Suhr builds THE best bolt-on guitars in the world IMHO!! This is one of the best examples of Quilt Maple you are ever likely to see… in stunning Bahama Blue… you could swim in it!! Body is basswood with that maple on top and has Suhr Pick-ups in the HSS Config (DSV, V60, V60 for those playing at home!!) standard-type trem. One piece maple neck and maple board with abalone dots and logo. The neck has a C profile… more like a 60's strat type shape and they are perfect in my hands… the play better than butter, margarine, vegemite, marmalade, nutella or any other spread you can care Simply fantastic in every way! I am in NO rush to part, so itto think of!! would take something pretty special to trade this one out… and trading would result in immediate re-order of another Suhr!!

3. A Jackson PC1…. But not your run of the mill PC1(not that the current PC1 is all that run of the mill!!) it is quite different from the current production model. From what I remember this first run were made in the custom shop for it's NAMM debut. This particular one was picked out by Tim (Jackson's Custom Shop) manager for a good collector friend of mine (who is a good friend of Tim's) as the best of that run. The production model now is stunning and has a Maghogany body, 3A Maple Top and a Flame neck. This girl however, goes a few further steps!! It has a Solid KOA Body (with a grain that really dances) and a killer 5A Quilt Maple Top. To top it off a stunning 5A Quilt board sits on top of a hard rock (bolt-on) maple neck (I think Canadian maples were use on these necks of the early ones as there used to a be Jackson factory up there… but my Jackson History is not good so I cant vouch for that… one thing for certain is that the KOA came from Hawaii!! LOL). The neck just has a light oil finish so is super smooth and feels divine and superfast. Profile is more 60s strat and very comfy… quite flat 12-16" compound radius and Medium Jumbo frets. Plays awesome! The ) is Aqua Blue if I recall correct. The became Chlorine incolor (or colour the current production model but in this one the color change of the burst is less abrupt and the green/turquoise middle in not as green.

The Bridge is a real Floyd Rose not a Jackson and all the hardware is top notch…. CTS Pots, SwitchCraft switches etc.

The Pick-ups are H-S-S Config, DiMarzio Super 3 at the bridge (not a common p-up but an excellent choice for a guitar with plenty of maple and a perfect to complement with the KOA… you find them occasionally on mahogany body J-Customs with thick Maple tops too!), DiMarzio HS2 single. The front pick-up also has a built-in Sutainer!! The sustainer is great!! Waaaaahhoooooowweeeeewaaaaahhooooo and other such fun things to do with infinite sustain!! Also very useful for ebow type lines without the hassle of the ebow, so great for string effects and backing guitar. With a bit of Chorus or Flanger you can get great synth type tones in a simple band situation…all kinds of stuff. It also has a harmonic exciter…and all kinds of electronic jiggery-pokery!! All factory fitted. Truly a guitar that can do everything you will ever need and then some!! Even if you don't scoop this one you should check out the current production PC1 as it is a much under-hyped guitar... very different to what you think of as a 'Jackson' they feel more like the early Charvels to me. A real collectable piece!

Both the Suhr and Jackson have very very light home use and have been babied … as good, probably better than what you would ever find in a store. Both are in the Original Cases.. The Suhr is a G&G Case which is more like a UV1000 type case (but holds the guitar better) the Jacskon's is more like a MC100 style case (I don't know if this is that same as the current production case.)

4. Jem BRMR Bad Horsie Mirror Jem…. only seen a quick strum… plastic on the guard, factory strings and set up All original, New J-Craft Case, original box etc etc. The Jury was out for me on the Horsie… but having seen it now in the flesh, it is one seriously cool guitar and far far classier than I imagined!! This one has some nice flame on the neck and came with a backstop trem blocker in the case (not installed) which is cool… now one of my favourite jems…. I wouldn't be trading it out if it wasn't for the fact that I have another on the way in early this Year!!!

5. A '89 JemPBK in Player Condition… I have more info that I worte for another Ad… I will dig it out and post it tomorrow!!

Prices:
I am looking for Trades really (I usually am… I like to see what I can tease out of hiding!) If I get cash the missus only spends it on cushions and curtains and the like, I may consider a sale, but I would like to exhaust any trades first … If this happens (like I have done in the past) I will post prices… but I really do like a trade!!

Trades - Ibanez:
Oh I love a trade!! Seems nobody puts much stuff up for trade anymore (except for BS Boy and we are always out of sync!! ) I am always interested to hear about Jems (especially swirls!!), JS, J-Customs, RGs, Custom Swirls etc!!! Let me know what you've got…. I'm always interested in Trades + or - cash (maybe you have a collectors piece you never play and I'll add cash, or maybe you have a nice Jem, RG or JS and some spare cash… whatever). I'm not really one for S's and the only 7 stringers I am really interested in are UVMCs!! I would also consider an older.. slightly more used VWh for my friend.

Trades - Non-Ibanez:
Non-Ibanez… I like Les Pauls, Strats and Teles…. I Love Suhr, Melancon and McNaught… Maybe a PRS or Anderson….. or anything interesting! I am only really looking for guitars though not Amps really.

Shipping:
A - The RG20051, Suhr and Jackson are in the US at the moment (anyone in NV? I could maybe arrange a viewing with my friend) so, shipping for a US trade would not be much… usually under US$50. Shipping to UK is no problem… I can get quotes…. And I can arrange from them to come back to Aus without too much hassle!!

B - The Bad Horsie and the PBK are in Aus… so if you are in NSW you can come and have a gander!! If not NZ, Europe I have no problem shipping…. In fact as long as your English is good I'll post to most places! A few sellers don't like to take the necks off the guitars and post (I guess it is a lot cheaper and low insurances are more believable!!) But I don't mind doing this for the PBK if that is your preferred way then so be it!!... but would rather not with the

Overall I am happy to add cash or take cash in a trade deal…. Trade 1 guitar for 2 etc…2 guitars and an effects unit etc for a guitar…. I just like a change

Drop me a line on timmyleewalls@yahoo.com.au let me know what you've got, or for questions and pic requests etc.

I will post some teaser pics shortly Below!!!!!

Thanks for reading all that!!

Cheers

Tim

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: FS/FT: RG20051, Suhr & Jackson PC1 in the USA + 2 Jems (PBk & BRMR) in Aus

Horsie

PBk
This Pic flatters her a bit!!... NOT the one on Aus 'bay recentlt by the way!!

This one has plenty of Flash to show player trem wear... but it over exposes teh P-ups... they aren't that white anymore!!! I will dig out that description!

#5 ·

How is the neck on that PC1? It's making me crazy :lol: Is it more like a Strat or one of the gigantic Nocaster necks? (And the Jackson Ontario shop was in California, not Canada ;) )

#6 ·

Jim.... The neck is super!! Far from a Wizard ... I would say a 60's C if that makes sense? I would say 'Chunky' for this forum.... but not if I was on a 1951 Fender Maple Neck Appreciation Society Website!! Yeah more 60s Strat... no gloss, a lush neck!!

You got anything with less than 8 strings for swapsies?? ;)

I doubt there is a better PC1 out there!!

#15 ·

Slayer_today_Gwar_2morrow said:
Hows about a Peavey V-Type, the new kind made in america. They don't make these anymore just the cheap nock offs. It has poplar body H H pups, a floyd, a maple neck with an ebony fret board.
Sorry Man, apart from the odd Jackon, Suhr and EVH guitars, I banez are teh only Floyd guitars I go for these days!!

Thanks

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.