Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Sleep problem

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Wis Redz of Silvanost 
#1 ·
As some people might be aware, I didnt have the best year last year. I broke my back then dropped out of uni (with a view to going back this sept). Over the past couple of months i've been going to sleep at 4am getting up about 2pm. This has happened before but this time I cant get back to normal! I've tried just getting up at a normal time, hoping that being really tired will make me go to sleep at a normal time, but all that happens is I go to bed at the same time and sleep in even longer the next day :S

Any advice?

Cheers

Al

#2 ·
maybe try a natural sleep-aid for a week or so...When i can't sleep (or need to re-normalize my schedule) i take Melatonin. It's a chemical your brain produces on its own, usually at night. It makes you sleepy and relaxes you. i like the fact that it's more of a natural supplement than a chemical/drug like Ambien.

Eat a good meal around 7 or 8, pop a couple of melatonins around 9 and you should be out by 10. a couple of days doing this and you should be back on schedule.

~K

#5 ·
Sorry for loads of consecutive posts, just a matter that hit's home for numerous reasons...

Anyway, (this might not work for everyone, most doctors say to go to bed only if you are tired) Try going to sleep whilst watching something or listening to something. I'm one of those people that is always contemplating things and at night I think and think and think without stopping to fall asleep, so I watch TV or something until I fall asleep.

The perils of being a thinker, lol

#6 ·
You should try going to bed earlier. Do some crossword puzzles or watch a little tv, maybe read a book or anything kind of boring to make you tired, maybe some sleeping pills too.

I have trouble sleeping at night too and stay up late sometimes. I make it an appoint to go to bed a little earlier now. :)

#8 ·
I am having the exact same problem, except now I am back at Uni and I have a Daughter.

The point is, sometimes I just can't sleep... so I sleep when I can. I take little naps here and there, I function perfectly fine that way.

Try watching tv and sleeping on the couch if you don't have a TV in your bedroom. It is very hard to change sleeping habbits without reverting to drugs.

Whatever you do... don't use marijuana to help you sleep because your sleeping problems will escalate.

#9 ·
I used to live this way. That is sleep in the morning and wake up in the afternoon. After some time I realized that I spent a lot of time sleeping and that to live that way is not healthy.
My advice is that you wake up really early some day, say 6 a.m. but don't stay at home your bed seems prettiers by the minutes :) So get out and do something. I could also recommend making sport. Just take a walk after you're awake and that should take the grogginess out of you. If you have problems about wakinp up on your own, have someone to wake you up in a really vicious way. Tell them to spill cold water on your face etc. I do this a lot :)
After nearly a week of this everything should be in order. At least that's what happens with me.
Hope this helps Al

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.