Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Please Help!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  darkha 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, i'm new to the forum and this is my first post...i'm from Italy anyway :)

Is someone able to help me identify this guitar?It has engraved "prestige" on the 24th fret,abalone dots, mother pearl "ibanez" sign on the headstock, made in japan on the rear of the headstock, mahogany body with maple top and a 3 pieces neck;made maybe in 1999/2000...

I forgot to say that the serial number is 611133...maybe this will help

Thank you :)

See less See more
#5 ·
At first I thought it was a J-Custom RG1712 in the Royal Violet finish, but then realized it didn't have the J-Custom logo and had the prestige on the 24th fret. My suggestion as this seems may be spot production/one off is to just take the neck off and look at the markings on the nect and neck pocket. It should give you some sort of idea on the model number.

#7 ·
Thank you for all the replies :)
Finally i took apart the neck from the body, and discovered that this is an rg-4080.Marked on the neck pocket and on the neck.
Does anybody seen this model anywhere else?
I tried to find information surfing the web but it seems that nobody has this model.Even on the ibanez collector's sites this model is not reported.And also in the "schematics" page on the ibanez website....strange.

#10 ·
As i said in a previous post, this guitar is a rg 4080 rv, i took the neck off the body, and it is written on the neck pocket.
I suspect that this is a rare guitar, it is impossible to find any info surfing the web.Even on the ibanez website, on the schematics page, this model is not listed.And also on the catalog scans....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.