Ibanez JEM Forum banner
12K views 46 replies 40 participants last post by  brothersnowgone 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#8 ·
DaniJem said:
have you seen this one???!!!!!

IBANEZ J-Custom HRG2000

WHERE IS THIS GUITARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH?????!!!!!!!!

i have seen it here:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43495&highlight=hrg2000

Dani.
I've seen one at the Guitar Center in north Phoenix about 6 months ago(guessing on the time line). I don't usually go to that one so I'm not sure if it's still there. It was over 4k . That is one seriously beautiful guitar !

#9 ·
dangomles said:
I have to say that i really dont like it (ok, shoot me).
It's just too much, the quilted top, the abalone, just too much...
Ditto, it looks like the ESP that has too much abalone on it. It is completely over the top and would look far nicer without all of the abalone binding and I bet it has the price to match! Theres classy and then there is "overdone".

#12 ·
I still think this would look far better if it was a dark color instead of natural... some of that 'too much' feeling would go away if it was say the blue of the PGM90...

I'd also like to know how one of these ended up in a Guitar Center... it's a custom model manufactured exclusively for a store chain in Japan in a quantity of something like 7 if I recall. So for one to be at a GC somebody bought it and imported it from Japan and then sold it to GC, which strikes me as odd.

#14 ·
technomancer said:
I'd also like to know how one of these ended up in a Guitar Center... it's a custom model manufactured exclusively for a store chain in Japan in a quantity of something like 7 if I recall. So for one to be at a GC somebody bought it and imported it from Japan and then sold it to GC, which strikes me as odd.
+1 They must have really needed the money.

#18 ·
For those of you that want a darker version, there is a Trans Black version of the HRG-2000. I saw it it an Ikebe-Gakki ad in Young Guitar back in 2000. (actually I had that ad blown up and stuck on my locker door back when I was in school, I actually still have one of the print outs I made here.. somewhere..).

I'd still sooooooooo want one of those... one day.. ..it will be mine.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.