Ibanez JEM Forum banner
10K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  Claudio Passamani 
#1 ·
ok heres the deal my buddy wants to buy a 555 off *** but he realllllly wants my ibanez rg 1527 and asked if i'd be willing to trade,the price wouldnt be far off its like 600$ and i paid about 650$ for my 1527 (brand new tho) but is it worth the trade??

#5 ·
To be honest any RG with the Wizard neck and Edge or Lo Pro Edge such as the 5xx series or the new RG's in the Prestige line, will be better than the Jem 555. Pretty much as good as a Jem 77 or 7 actually.

The 555 should never have been made, in my and I suspect many other peoples opinion.

#27 ·
cool thanks for the advice

so the 555 is really as Sh||Ty as everyone says?
Actually i have a JEM 555 and it is a JEM so stop saying it isnt.... I set it up for a mere £30 ($60) and the LO TRS is perfect... doesnt go out of tune at all..... it goes the tinyist bit out of tune (not noticable) if i thrash it around (and i mean thrash it, like what he did in Building The Church - G3 Live In Tokyo at the end) and that is what makes it go the slightlyist bit out of tune... if u guys cant be botherd to set it up.... then your pretty pathetic.... and i find the guys sad who said it isnt a JEM..... yes it is... and a bloody good guitar too... (looks lush too, the 7V is ott on the looks... its like a Mr T guitar..)

#22 ·
BurdenInOurHands said:
I'd imagine the 555 necks are alright
A girlfriend of mine has one. I don't like the feel of the neck at all. Like I need to gain weight in my fingers to accomodate the gargantuan HUGE FAT frets. To me it's unconfortable and feels NOTHING like a real Jem neck.

mi2tom said:
It's not really as shi!tty as many have claim they probably owned the the real deal which is why when they've played a 555 it sucks as hell, it's an ok guitar but still too expensive for it's standard
Your right mitom. It really isn't THAT bad of a guitar but since I play the real deal, it doesn't measure up to my standards. But then.....other than a (real)Jem not too many guitars do anymore. It's a Jem curse:)

#24 ·
JJEMMER777 said:
A girlfriend of mine has one.
That's not fair, you let your girlfriend use the 555 and you use the real deal :mrgreen: And yeah I played the 555 just last week at a store, what's with the neck, doesn't feel right at all, I've played a 555 before I owned a real jem and now after playing that 555 just last week the neck feels like yeah ... heavy, :( I guess I got the jem curse too lol I've played the strat 50th anniversary and I don't think there are anywhere near the standard of a jem, not just that other high ends too

#25 ·
mi2tom said:
That's not fair, you let your girlfriend use the 555 and you use the real deal :mrgreen: And yeah I played the 555 just last week at a store, what's with the neck, doesn't feel right at all, I've played a 555 before I owned a real jem and now after playing that 555 just last week the neck feels like yeah ... heavy, :( I guess I got the jem curse too lol I've played the strat 50th anniversary and I don't think there are anywhere near the standard of a jem, not just that other high ends too
Lol...she actually likes the feel of the 555 better. Hmmm....me thinks she's just sayin that to get my goat:)

And, the Jem curse is not such a bad thing my friend;) You may even grow to like this terrible affliction:roll:

Did ya get her yet eddie??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.