Ibanez JEM Forum banner
8K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  gemini8026 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about picking up a George Lynch signature guitar, but I was wondering how the necks are.

Could someone give me a heads up? Compare to a Jem or Wizard if at all possible.

Mike

#3 ·
George Lynch Sig. Gtrs.

I am also interested in the Lynch line. I played a Tiger Sunburst a few years ago and loved it but that was before I got into Ibanez guitars. The neck was flat and wide and a little thick. It reminded me of the older Kramer Baretta's, the ones with the thicker neck.
Good luck in finding one, most dealers only carry the LTD. series and will only order the more expensive models.

#4 ·
George Lynch Sig. Gtrs.

yep - another vote for the wide and flat feel - almost like a classical guitar!!! I thought it felt sterile and clinical compared to a JEM neck.

I also really dislike the lack of a selector switch for the pickups :( but I think they sound great :)

#5 ·
George Lynch Sig. Gtrs.

Owned a Kamikaze up till 2 months ago, sold it and now I'm trying to sell a "dead mint" JPM 90th so I can get another Kami! I love the necks on the Lynch models. Very comfortable, feel like the old Kramer Nightswan necks (Lynch modeled them after old Kramers), also feel somewhat like a Washburn N4. I used to be a die-hard JPM player until I gained possesion of a Kami. Now Jpms just feel "cheap" in my hands. The quality of the Kamikazes is 2nd to none. The quality and craftsmanship of my Kami absolutely blows my Ibanez away! Fretwork is absolutely perfect on my Kamikaze, can't say that for some of the Ibanezes I've owned. All Kami's come from ESP's Custom Shop, there's more attention to detail. Only thing I don't like is the pickups, the Seymours suck IMO. I put evolutions in it. Neck defenitely does not feel "sterile" to my hands. To me Ibanezes feel sterile and flat, not very accomodating to a players hands. Hope I helped. You'll notice the quality factor right away soon as you play one.

(Edited by jeffery at 3:12 pm on Mar. 18, 2001)

(Edited by jeffery at 6:05 pm on Mar. 18, 2001)

#9 ·
Amazing guitars fellows!!! I have always loved them the only thing I hate in the
Kami is the fact that there isn't a 24 fret version and the boring dot inlays,
I always thought that this guitar would look killer with boomerang inlays ala Hamer Chapparral, they would complement the reverse banana headstock very well IMHO (Only in my dreams or in an expensive custom shop version)

#10 ·
Wide and flat??? Hmmm. the fretboard radius is flat, and I agree it's wide but the profile is very round and very thick to me. If you're used to Ibanez necks then this will be a major change for you.

I remember trying the Serpent before and had the impression it's got a thinner neck than the Kamikazes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.