Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  King Knall 
#1 ·
yeah, strats are good, but they just don't cut mustard with me, a tele will allways be my first guitar. haveing said that, im a big rg fan....

anyway, this joke has stopped being funny...

:p

tx

#6 ·
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=49021868

ok i just started playing not long before i recorded this song so its pretty crappy and i kinda messed it up but thats not the point lol.

anyway, this is a squier affinity tele (the cheapest one known to man) and a cheapo fender amp. with a radio shack microphone. so yea i guess teles do only have one good sound, but that sound IMO is pretty good. cant wait till i get a real one one of these days.

#7 ·
My tele has a lot of good sounds. The neck pickup is very deep and bluesy. LOTS of punch. The bridge pickup is super bright and edgy. Sounds cool with a little overdrive and crazy with high gain. The bridge pickup will cut through anything and sounds super tight when jamming with a band. Both pickups together are smoother and rounder and sound good for playing mellow chords and stuff like that. Teles are great.

#10 ·
yeah, i only have a mexican tele, but its the best guitar under £1000 that ive played (yes, thats including some rgs!!!!)

tele+fender hotrod deluxe= beautiful tone!!!!

im thinking of wadging a hotrail in my tele, any ideas???

someone said that 'putting a hotrail in a tele is like ripping out its soul', but im not sure who, and if theyre right...

tx

#13 ·
toma said:
yeah, i only have a mexican tele, but its the best guitar under £1000 that ive played (yes, thats including some rgs!!!!)

tele+fender hotrod deluxe= beautiful tone!!!!

im thinking of wadging a hotrail in my tele, any ideas???

someone said that 'putting a hotrail in a tele is like ripping out its soul', but im not sure who, and if theyre right...

tx
Putting a hotrail in there is exactly what I'd do. If you love the way the guitar plays but are in need of a little more variety in the sound department, a rail would be good. Just fit a push/pull coil tap and you can keep the single coil sound too.

#15 ·
I love Tele's. I almost bought a '55 from G.E. Smith about 2 years ago, but couldn't get the price I needed. A good friend of mine has an extremely mint '53, and it is possibly the worst 'good' guitar I've ever played. It's still worth thousands and thousands, but it's an absolute canoe paddle.

A Tele is an honest guitar that forces you to play well. Everyone should have one. And if you change the pickups out go with Fralins ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.