Ibanez JEM Forum banner
44K views 188 replies 54 participants last post by  GuitarAkuma 
#1 · (Edited)
lefties, I'm writing in to Ibanez to request for 7 string models; who's supporting?

-- to request for 'left handed 7 string electric guitar with tremolo' models--

The best I could do is link this topic in my mail to them, to show on all the people who's supporting this; hopefully to be read and given real consideration by Ibanez themselves. Hopefully, to reissue discontinued models or produce new models.

In saying that, which discontinued models you would like to see again, or you would like a newly produced model?

If the latter, how would the guitar be like? what kind of specs you would like to see, etc etc?

Let's hope and pray real hard to Jesus.

In the meantime, post away!

#77 ·
I'd like to see more higher end lefty Ibanez guitars

FACT: It wouldn't cost that much more for the company to add a color other than BLACK!
btw...one of the best things Ibanez did was come out with the lefty ArtCore back in '04. Guess it didn't do well cause they no longer make it...

It comes down to profit...if they marketed towards lefties and produced a few different models (not all RGs!) they could possibly see profit...TAKE NOTES IBANEZ! It's about MARKETING...

How many guitar ads have you seen focused at lefty guitar players?

#87 ·
Well, all I know is that they used to only be available in mirage blue in the uk, hence why Paul (Dreaming_neon_black) has one and I know of two Canadian websites that now have them aswell.

One site it's a special order only for about 1k Canadian plus tax, and the other store has them in stock for about 800 Canadian after tax.

#99 ·
You're not being forced. You and I both chose to play left handed because it was the easiest way to start off.

Playing left handed isn't a handicap. It isn't something WE are forced to do either. It's all about choices. We choose to play left handed. We choose not to play right handed. I choose to play mainly 7 strings. It goes on.

No unseen force is forcing you to play left handed. Sure, it's 10x more comfortable to play left handed, and we all suck at playing right handed, but we still could hold a guitar right handed and hit a note, right handed.

Which makes it not discriminatory that they don't offer left handed models.

If they made guitars and said that black people couldn't buy them, then that would be discriminatory. Because that isn't something you can control (unless you're MJ)

#102 ·
It isn't. And I care :wink:

Anyway, NAMM isn't going to show any left handed 7's, and the 8 wont be available left handed either. As far as 6's go, im not sure. But that isn't really my area of interest. So I guess they aren't listening so far.

If anyone wants a lefty ibanez 7 string, there is one on **** right now, ending in two days I think. And no it isn't mine, but it has the same finish as mine :)

#106 ·
Yeah, i've got my fair share of custom guitars lined up already. :)

I don't even care about this brand of guitars anymore. Jem20th, RG20th, S7, RG8, all not available left handed. I'd expect it for the jem, s7, and rg8, but I was atleast expecting the rg20th to be available left handed. Out of 1,987 rg20th guitars, none are available left handed.

Custom is definitely the way to go these days for a lefty.

#112 ·
I have a 7 with the older UV necks. Took the plunge on that one having never played a 7 before.
I have a 7420L. Took the plunge on that as well. Though it didn't really cost me much.
And I also have the 1077xl. 27" and the prestige neck. I had absolutely no idea how i'd relate to it, but I still went for it.

Being a lefty, we don't have many options with 7's. Can't really go into a store and try them out. Your best bet is to noodle around on the right handed equivalent, if there is one, or just say screw it, and go for it. As long as the neck isn't a monstrosity, then you can at least adapt to it over time.

#116 ·
If you've gone for years playing left handed there is no way out unless you want to relearn the guitar, but if you're left handed and just starting out playing, learn right handed from the start. I started playing right handed after 1 year of unserious playing/dabbling. I've been playing 8 years now.

#129 ·
^Or Chris Woods if you can get on the list :)

Why would you be concerned with bastardizing a UV7PWH neck? Hell, when I saw the neck for sale, I couldn't wait to get it and turn it into a lefty guitar. It's my way of sticking it to the man. :D

There was a UVPWH neck for sale on jemsite here for a really good price. I'm half tempted to grab it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.