Ibanez JEM Forum banner

WTF? It's crooked!

3K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  guitarsalad14 
#1 ·
Ok, i was playing my 2000 s1520 and i noticed something. THE TREM IS CROOKED. I examined it thoroughly and decided not to worry about it, but its bugging the f**k out of me. I am thinking that the knife edge on the bar side is just worn more and that i can just get some new edges. HELP!!!

#8 ·
No pics and it's not like you've explained it sufficiently....

Closer to the pickup on one side than the other? I seriously doubt there's any problem with your knives but then you haven't exactly pulled the trem to inspect. Why not?
Make sure both set screws are locked, otherwise, if it's bugging you that much, sell it

#9 ·
ok I did pull the trem and inspect and checked to make sure the posts were locked. I also measured from the cavity to the post on each side to make sure that the posts weren't tilted or anything like that. I think i will need new knifes or i will just file them because they are around .5mm. Well, i guess that's all i can tell you.

#10 ·
Finally, pictures.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\08-13-06_1144.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\08-13-06_1138.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\08-13-06_1142.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\08-13-06_1143.jpg

Notice how the left trem post sits very close to the outer lip on the baseplate

Oh, sorry. You're gonna hafta copy/paste those links. I don't know how to upload pics properly yet

#20 · (Edited)
Active Infraction (12 Point(s))

Links to Local HDD
-------------------------------
Expires

05:10 PM 08-13-2006
Left By S-man

05:10 PM 08-13-2006

I just noticed.... the original post was about 2 months ago.

It took him that long to get pictures!!

And then.....2 months later....

Finally, pictures.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\08-13-06_1144.jpg

He at least get's an E for effort.

Sorry, guitarsalad, that's just too damn funny.

:)

#24 ·
Do you have a picture with the whole trem visible in it? I don't see the unevenness near the studs as much as I do towards the back of the route, so it looks like the route itself is crooked. Is there more open space on the left side of the trem than the right, or that just perspective?

#25 ·
I see uneveness where the routing meets the pickup ring of the bridge pickup (unless my eyes are shot). We had another guy here who had the same problem with his S prestige. I don't know what you could do there (besides check if the pickup rings are sitting unevenly on the body?). As for what MAY be the trem sitting unevenly in the recession, if it holds tune, don't sweat it. My DY sits a little unevenly in the recession too, but it works fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.