Ibanez JEM Forum banner

End of a 3 year old relation

3K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  fettouhi 
#1 ·
yeah the title says it all. It was coming to be truthfull, she had lost her interest in me, was much more interested in her friends etc. She says she still loves me and the driving force behind her decision was that we couldn't keep this going on etc. I feel at a loss to decide what to do. I feel blank. It is hard nonetheless. I'm 18 and will of course pass over it in time, but until then, I will have some hard time...
Just wanted to write somewhere.

#2 ·
It hurts, but I think in order to grow, we must all endure this kind of crap.
Sorry, I had one of those when I was about 16 or 17 and it felt like my life had been flipped inside out. The good thing is, you're 18, you have LOTS of time to find a new girl, have fun and enjoy your time here.
I think some gratuitous rebound relationship should help you through this painful period.

Best wishes, and this like all things, this too shall pass.

Bamm

#3 ·
Sorry to hear Wis. The ending of a relationship is always very painful and difficult. Especially if you really cared for her. But, you still quite young. Relationships rarely last at that age. It think the fact that you made it 3 years is saying an awful lot! I doubt you can tell now, but in the end, you'll probably find it was for the better. Keep your head up and try not to dwell on it too much.

I know........that's easier said than done. Trust me......I know:|

Your Jemsite brothers and sisters are here for you;)

Jeeze......sure seems like a lot of breakups have been happening lately:|

Hang in there Wis! It'll get better;)

#6 ·
I think everyone goes through this sort of thing at your age, and usually the first burn is the worst. What's that old Rod Stewart song? The first cut is the deepest. Though considering I've recently been going through the same thing I can say that at 34 the experience doesn't change much, only the circumstances and often the stakes. Chock this one up to experience my friend.... you shall prevail.

Mike

#8 ·
I just got out of one six months ago, she left me at the end of may for another guy, I spent the entire summer in a dark pit, 6 and a half months later, I'm passed and I'm in a new relationship now which im enjoying very very much, though the sting is still there and stuff, you'll learn to deal with things better, you'll grow as a person also.. hang in there dude!!!! It'll get better :)

#9 ·
hard as it may be, i believe that experiences like these are actually necessary to being able to enjoy The Real Thing when it comes along later. for now, go out and have some fun. get some miles on the clock. there'll come a day when you'll actually want to thank her for ending this relationship.

#10 ·
Dude, live it up! Forget her, life goes on and there are better women out there. My first gf broke up with me when I was 20, we were together for 5 yrs. That was the best thing that ever happnened to me. Move on and don't wait, take it from someone who has been there. Oh yeah don't forget, you're 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 ·
My first gf broke up with me when I was 20, we were together for 5 yrs. That was the best thing that ever happnened to me.
Not at the time i'm sure. breaking up is very hard. it's like mourning a death in a way and it ranks right behind mourning a death actually, followed up by losing your job and then buying a home. it's very stressful. if you are emotional and sensitive as most artists are, it can be worse. surround yourself with family and friends and time will heal. dont' force yourself to do something you normally wouldn't do; don't go out a lot if you never did and don't do one night stands if you aren't into that. the change in life will only remind you of why you are doing it and may make it worse. do what you normally do and immerse yourself in it. this will make you stronger. it builds your armor and makes you stronger, it really does. it will be hard and it will sting for awhile. took me close to 8 months or so to feel comfortable with life again after being left for someone else. at the time i couldn't stand the pain but now i see it was for the best. that was about 8 years ago now.....time flies. good luck man.
steve

#15 ·
I fell your pain man..After time, things do get much easier. JUst focus on yourself and tryo to do things that make you happy. my exfiance split after a 5 and a half year relationship.She left a few months before our wedding..it was a disaster..sold the house, sold the cars, split the bills, lost a few grand on the wedding.

#17 ·
These things will pass. Believe me when I tell you that there are worse things to be sad and depressed about, a girl isn't one of them. When my brother passed away, my ex didn't even have the decency to be there for me, and that's just wrong. Like I said, there are worse things to be sad and depressed about. Find some hood rats and get over it. Nothing beats a good lay with a hot chick.

#18 ·
Thanks a lot guys for all the advices and support.
The strange thing is she asks for time now and I'm not very enthusiastic about giving that time. Because I feel this will get out of hand, and it is resembling to a toy story each time this happens.
I'm dealing with it fairly good for now, photography and music helps a lot...

#21 ·
Why the hell hasn't anyone mentioned "Da Blues".

Go gitcha geetar, son and play dem blues!!!

Seriously though, 18 is a good time for this to happen, it'll let you have complete freedom to focus on your studies, your career or your own friends for a while.

In the UK it's very common for 18 year olds to break up as theat when many of us finish school, go to university or move away to a new job. So yes it hurts, but see it as a fresh start (or sleep with her sister, or best friend. Or sister and best friend. At the same time ;) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.